Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former Bulls guard Jay Williams, whose playing career ended after he suffered in a June, 2003 motorcycle accident, expects to be in an NBA camp this fall.
The former Duke star and 2002 first-round draft pick told the Gary (Ind.) Post-Tribune that he believes he's on schedule to become a competitive player again.

"My body is feeling great," Williams told the Post-Tribune, as quoted in the March 31 Chicago Sun-Times. "I think it's a matter of time. But I'm really taking my time. I don't want to make a horrible mistake and come back too soon. I want to come back and kick some butt. I'm at a junction in my life. Basketball was taken away from me for a year and a half. But it's been a blessing in disguise."

Williams suffered what were believed to be career-ending injuries to his knee and pelvis in the accident. But current Bulls guard Chris Duhon, who played with Williams at Duke, says that Williams is confident he can return to the pro game.

It was in YESTERDAY's paper..

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
We don't need more guards, but if he's even 90% of the player he was projected to be when he came out, you gotta bring him in, even WITH as good as pargo and Duhon have been lately. If ben gets inserted into the starting rotation next year, then somebody is going to have to score off the bench.... A duhon/Williams backcourt (if williams is 90-95% healthy of course) looks VERY intriguing......in that role.

Amazing....if he comes back at 90% or better, we could have the 4 best college guards from the last 4 years on the same roster. And yes for the record, I would have taken ANY one of the four of them, over ANY guard currently playing in college BB...including chris paul.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i doubt pax brings him back though, especially seeing how he's looking for a big guard. we'd have the smallest but prolly the quickest backcourt in the nba. i could deal with having small guards if jay williams is on our bench. we'd be monsters.

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
I have serious doubts about his comeback aspirations, and even bigger doubts about him fitting on this Bulls squad...nonetheless, I hope he comes back and can enjoy somewhat of an NBA career. Wherever that may be.

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yodurk said:
I have serious doubts about his comeback aspirations, and even bigger doubts about him fitting on this Bulls squad...nonetheless, I hope he comes back and can enjoy somewhat of an NBA career. Wherever that may be.
he'll come back..now whether he's any where as good as he was is the question..

·
Warrior Spirit!
4,216 Posts
There is a simple solution to this if Jay Williams is anywhere near what he used to be.

8< Pargo

·
Registered
364 Posts
bring him in have a look and then trade him.alot of teams need a pg, the bulls just happen to have more then one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts