Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Piker
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Final SBU 71, George Washington 66.
Led by Osun Osunniyi’s career high 20 points, 9 rebounds, and 5 blocks, SBU picks up the 1,361st victory in program history.
I like what you did there Bona84. Made me smile. The reason I posted VCU's 1,000 win in the 52 seasons was because it was a milestone.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
I like what you did there Bona84. Made me smile. The reason I posted VCU's 1,000 win in the 52 seasons was because it was a milestone.
Only if you're enraptured with a decimal (base 10) number system. There's no magic to numbers with zeros in them.

Now I know that a lot of you guys barely made it out of arithmetic, but study the maths, fellas. They are useful and fascinating.

·
Piker
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Only if you're enraptured with a decimal (base 10) number system. There's no magic to numbers with zeros in them.

Now I know that a lot of you guys barely made it out of arithmetic, but study the maths, fellas. They are useful and fascinating.
Bo Derek being a 9 might not have carried the same impact though.

·
Piker
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Quite the juxtaposition between coaches’ wardrobe in Davidson-Duquesne. One is dressed like an adult professional man, and the other continues to go to work dressed like he’s making a quick run to the Tim Horton’s drive-thru to get a party pack before the in-laws get to town. Guy screams “AAU”.
I am getting the impression that he is now a team sweatshirt guy like Huggy Bear.

Reactions: Bill Russell

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Now, since I've already driven this bus off the cliff into Off-Topic Valley, let me add that the number zero itself, or more to the point, the whole concept of "zero", is indeed magical and one of the great mathematical discoveries of the last 1500 years or so.

And, btw, if the average human had 12 fingers, AA wouldn't have made his post above for another 9 or 10 years.

·
Piker
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Now, since I've already driven this bus off the cliff into Off-Topic Valley, let me add that the number zero itself, or more to the point, the whole concept of "zero", is indeed magical and one of the great mathematical discoveries of the last 1500 years or so.

And, btw, if the average human had 12 fingers, AA wouldn't have made his post above for another 9 or 10 years.
Giving the middle finger would not work with 12 fingers because you need an odd number. Funny how each hand has odd numbered digits on each hand yet equals an even number for both. At least, I think so but I am not mathematician like you res.

Reactions: res

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Giving the middle finger would not work with 12 fingers because you need an odd number. Funny how each hand has odd numbered digits on each hand yet equals an even number for both. At least, I think so but I am not mathematician like you res.
The two finger salute, as used by some English, would still work though.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts

12? We need 16 so we can switch to hexadecimal more organically...

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
You guys want to add fingers? We have enough fingers already and not all of them are pulling their weight. It's a complicated process, but we should be getting rid of fingers. Let's start with the pinky, also known as the Fordham of fingers.

·
Piker
9,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
You guys want to add fingers? We have enough fingers already and not all of them are pulling their weight. It's a complicated process, but we should be getting rid of fingers. Let's start with the pinky, also known as the Fordham of fingers.
The word "pinky" is derived from the Dutch word pink meaning "little finger". The pinky is very important! I lift it when I am drinking from a teacup and I make my son use it when we need to pinky swear on important issues. I will refrain from mentioning other uses of my fifth digit but the pinky should not be denigrated.

Reactions: res

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Have I told you guys about topology? Fascinating stuff. Complex numbers are fun, too.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Antonio Alfonseca was a pitcher with 6 fingers on each hand. The Yankees wanted to sign him, but they wanted him to have surgery and have one of the fingers removed.

He said "No. If you want to sign me, you have to sign all of me."

21 - 40 of 58 Posts