Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Ugh, I'm done with Rhoades. I'm going full JAF during Grant's first year at Dayton. My concern when he was hired was that he was seen as a lifer and that mediocrity would be accepted. Well, here we are.
That wasn’t me JonBoy. I was being facetious with the “Fire Grant” schtick. I don’t recall the member of The Faithful that started that campaign.

I do, however, agree with your thoughts on coaches being lifers whether it’s Grant, Rhoades, Ford, Mooney and even Schmidt. I’m not suggesting that they should be fired (except for Mooney) but at what point are their teams expected to get at large bids every year?

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
How many non P-5 schools get at large bids every year?
Grant and Ford in particular are paid like P5 coaches, and Rhoades is right there too. Other posters can comment on VCU and SLU’s situations, but UD operates like a Big East program and most P5 programs. Grant should have the expectation to have an at large season every year. So far, he has had one such year in five years. I’m not saying that he should be fired, but JonBoy’s comment regarding “lifers” is spot on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts