Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
That wasn’t me JonBoy. I was being facetious with the “Fire Grant” schtick. I don’t recall the member of The Faithful that started that campaign.

I do, however, agree with your thoughts on coaches being lifers whether it’s Grant, Rhoades, Ford, Mooney and even Schmidt. I’m not suggesting that they should be fired (except for Mooney) but at what point are their teams expected to get at large bids every year?
Fair point. In regards to Schmidt and the Bonnies, any real Bona fan would not have those expectations. Instead, our expectations are to be competitive and build up solid teams through player development. The transfer portal throws a curveball at this concept, but it can still work. If things work out for this current group, I’m guessing a tournament berth will be the expectation in a year or so (watch ‘em soon if you haven’t yet).
I’m speaking for a lot of grads when I say that I’m glad Schmidt is a “lifer” (for now lol). Still, I need to remind people constantly that Bonaventure had great times before he arrived… and will be okay if/when he leaves.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I don’t get this. I don’t read UDPride but expect the Flyers to get at large bids every year.
Some fans are delusional in their thinking. UDpride and the Bonnies Bandwagon have their fair share. The expectation of at large bids every year is nice. It just goes against what has happened for decades. It takes a lot to get bids from our conference.
The Bonnies in 17-18 had some of the best wins in decades… and ended up playing in Dayton. You guys were awesome and did the same one year.
Here’s where I’m at with this-
UD should be in the mix for an at large more frequently than any other A10 team.
The Bonnies have to develop players, get lucky, and build something up every couple of years to have a chance. I accept this reality and am fine with the direction of this current team.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts