Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
If Shaka was actually pissed about the timeout violating an “unwritten rule,” he violated another one in his frustration— don’t tell another coach how to coach.
Again, when was coach supposed to put in subs? Or are you not allowed to sub in a blowout win over a power team as a "mid-major"? Hey Shaka, do better.

·
Piker
10,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Again, when was coach supposed to put in subs? Or are you not allowed to sub in a blowout win over a power team as a "mid-major"? Hey Shaka, do better.
You keep saying that. He was not mad about him subbing in players. It was about the timeout. He had plenty of time after the deadball foul. By the way, I am explaining why he was upset not taking up for him. I am sure he was upset over getting crushed and then fans yelled Shaka Who so he was probably not a happy camper. Bona wins by over 20 and now Shaka is being called a cunt and a cocksucker. Nice work guys.

·
Registered
4,040 Posts
You keep saying that. He was not mad about him subbing in players. It was about the timeout. He had plenty of time after the deadball foul. By the way, I am explaining why he was upset not taking up for him. I am sure he was upset over getting crushed and then fans yelled Shaka Who so he was probably not a happy camper. Bona wins by over 20 and now Shaka is being called a cunt and a cocksucker. Nice work guys.
Yes. I'm not at all sure why my brethren are so upset. I thought it just added to the festivities of four glorious days.

·
Piker
10,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
First off, I was completely smashed on the back end of bender. Apologies for the language.

Having said that, what was I supposed to call him?
I don't care what you call him. On the game, Osun and Holmes were fun to watch last night. You get Adaway to play that way every night and get Welch involved. Watch out.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Schmidt did have a chance to sub guys out at the FT dead ball but I am guessing he didnt because Marquette kept on pressing so he had his guys get the ball up the floor and then called timeout. Either way, I dont care. It was very common and for Shaka to get upset about it is sour grapes. What he did til the end of the game was bush league though. Whatever, Bona kicked his ass. On to Northern Iowa.

Oh and AA, Adaway pretty much does that every night. Last night was the first game this year where everyone just clicked. Shoon looked 100% or close to it. When they play to their strengths and potential, they are nasty.

Hate to say it but Juan Bid is looking very likely unless someone knocks the Bonnies out of the A10 tourney. At this point who could even put together an at large resume? Mason, Richmond...?

·
Piker
10,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Oh and AA, Adaway pretty much does that every night.
You know better than I do. I watch lots of games and try to watch Bona when VCU is not playing. Adaway is athletic but sometimes his shooting is off. If he can get into a flow like last night it makes Bona even more dangerous.

·
Piker
10,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
We can still get multiple bids. Certain schools need big showings in their MTEs, though.
I am jealous of Bona on offense. VCU has been incredible on defense so far this year but with an anemic offense it takes away the joy of watching them shut teams down. The D is championship quality so I would pull out the good old full diamond press at all times. Mix in the old double fist where they trap every time a player turns their back, Get points off turnovers and transition. Fly around and use everyone. Why not? Until Ace gets back it will be tough. Right now the half court offense is slow and out of synch with no shooters other than Vince Williams.

Reactions: JonBoy

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Mason (hopefully got their one bad loss out of the way, though JMU is undefeated as well right now), URI (not a terrible loss against Tulsa), and SLU (only loss is to a ranked and undefeated Memphis) can all do it still in terms of making a run for the tournament.

The rest of us are just being dumb.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
I dont recall calling him either term. I've always liked Shaka and that was an odd mini meltdown of sorts. The press on our 6-10 men for 2 minutes was real classy.

·
Registered
6,361 Posts
Hah! Captain Beer Head is out running around the middle of the court...apparently during the game.
Must be an authorized cheerleader.
If I had been drinking hard (you know who you are)...that would have been the weekend highlight.

·
Piker
10,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I dont recall calling him either term. I've always liked Shaka and that was an odd mini meltdown of sorts. The press on our 6-10 men for 2 minutes was real classy.
Shaka acted like a baby. OK. I agree with all of you. He got his ass kicked and he was out of sorts. It happens. I did not say you called him names and I don't care. I just do not understand why it is a big deal. Be happy you broke the man and took the trophy home.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts