Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Legal Smeagol
30,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
An interesting fact about the Suns. Since signing Tim Thomas, they have gone a lousy 7-6.

It may be brought up that the real lack is Kurt Thomas' injury, except that the Suns were 5-0 without Kurt, but prior to Tim.

Doubtless there are many other factors that have led to this, but it's interesting to note...

·
Legal Smeagol
30,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hairy Midget said:
I saw a stat tonight that said without Kurt Thomas, they give up 8 more ppg, and the other teams shoots like 6% better.
Which could easily be true - and probably is. Yet they won 5 straight without him before playing TT... and then nosedived.

gio might have the right idea there.

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
I said it once and I'll say it again: Tim Thomas is a loser.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Krstic All Star said:
It's aggravating because otherwise the Suns are spectacular to watch. Then he enters the game... ugh.
And this is why i'm glad he never made his way onto the Nets.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
It's the combination of not having Kurt Thomas and not having any reliable "big guy" in the paint. Brian Grant was injured for a long while and just came back. He's been pretty much useless. Burke... as we know, is only a 3rd-tier backup center who is considered lucky if he sees more than 5mins playing time.

Tim Thomas is NOT a center who is considered 'BIG' on Suns.

Kurt Thomas isn't the best bigs out there but he is decent enough to hold the paint himself. That's what Suns is lacking right now and Amare is not even 50% recovered but that's another story.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.