Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Amare missing tonights game with an ankle injury it reminded me how truly lucky we have been this year. Are starting 5 have a missed a total of 9 games this year, with Nash missing 6 of them. And even then the only player to go on the IL is Barbosa. I just though I would mention that. We truly are incredibly lucky this year with are health.

(KNOCK ON WOOD)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Although the Suns hae been lucky this year by numbers with injuries, they have in some sense been unlucky. Although the starters have missed only 9 games this year, 6 of them have come to MVP candidate Steve Nash, and the Suns would likely be leading first place by a few games if his injury near the beginning of the year hadn't stopped their incredible hot streak

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
KidCanada said:
With Amare missing tonights game with an ankle injury it reminded me how truly lucky we have been this year. Are starting 5 have a missed a total of 9 games this year, with Nash missing 6 of them. And even then the only player to go on the IL is Barbosa. I just though I would mention that. We truly are incredibly lucky this year with are health.

(KNOCK ON WOOD)
Actually Richardson has been injured this year though didn't really miss games (he had a concussion), however when he did play post injury he played pretty horribly so that almost could count as a miss.

One of the reasons the Suns have little injuries? Look no further than the fact they have one of the youngest teams in the league. Is it coincidence that their oldest starter has missed more games than any other starter (Nash)? Nope. It's also not suprising that players 23 years old or younger like Johnson and Amare haven't really been injured because at that age you don't injure much. Other teams made up of Geezers that get hurt every other day can complain the Suns have been overly lucky with their lack of injuries but hey the proof is in the pudding as to why.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tempe85 said:
Actually Richardson has been injured this year though didn't really miss games (he had a concussion), however when he did play post injury he played pretty horribly so that almost could count as a miss.

One of the reasons the Suns have little injuries? Look no further than the fact they have one of the youngest teams in the league. Is it coincidence that their oldest starter has missed more games than any other starter (Nash)? Nope. It's also not suprising that players 23 years old or younger like Johnson and Amare haven't really been injured because at that age you don't injure much. Other teams made up of Geezers that get hurt every other day can complain the Suns have been overly lucky with their lack of injuries but hey the proof is in the pudding as to why.
I never said Richardson didn't miss any games. He has missed one game this year.

Yes true, but still we are fairly lucky. Amare missed 12 games last year, Richardson missed about 15 or so. But overall you're right, the Suns youth is definetly a huge factor.

·
Registered
740 Posts
KidCanada said:

(KNOCK ON WOOD)
I couldnt agree more. Hopefully there good luck continues into the playoffs. :gopray: Obviously Mark Cuban was wrong in believing Nash would be injury prone-6 games is no big deal.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nashaholic said:
I couldnt agree more. Hopefully there good luck continues into the playoffs. :gopray: Obviously Mark Cuban was wrong in believing Nash would be injury prone-6 games is no big deal.
Welcome to the boards Nashaholic!! :biggrin:

I hope you're right, and hopefully the Suns dodge the bullet and don't get a big injury to one of the starting 5.

·
Registered
210 Posts
With Amare missing his second consecutive game tonight I hope the rest of the suns team can pick up the slack like they did against Denver.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Bobot said:
With Amare missing his second consecutive game tonight I hope the rest of the suns team can pick up the slack like they did against Denver.
They not only did, they dominated. It was a very impressive win.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts