Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What direction are the Suns taking? Are they trying to make the playoffs? Do they want to completely rebuild? Do they just want to wait until the contracts of Tom Gugliotta and Penny Hardaway expire? They need to find an identity.
Look at the article [here]

What do you guys think???

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by <b>MightyReds2020</b>!
That's right! Finding an identity next season is a priority...
Do you think they will do that?

They should found it already. I don't think the completly rebuild is the way. They have some good players that can help and contribute a lot.
:starwars:

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Originally posted by <b>JGKoblenz</b>!
They should found it already. I don't think the completly rebuild is the way. They have some good players that can help and contribute a lot.
:starwars:
No they don't. Frank Johnson took over halfway through last season and the team struggled with various injuries. FJ didn't have time to establish his offensive (and defensive) philosophy to the team. With the addition of Amare Stoudamire and other minor things (Penny to bench, etc), the Suns need to figure out what's the best (or new?) way they could score, who is their go-to guy(s). Basically, what style of basketball they are going to play next season with all the athlete they have in each positions. Obviously, they're going to come out and run, run, run because Amare and The Matrix are best at that. But with Starbury at 1, I don't know. Starbury just didn't look like he likes to run all the time although he could.

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by <b>MightyReds2020</b>!

No they don't. Frank Johnson took over halfway through last season and the team struggled with various injuries. FJ didn't have time to establish his offensive (and defensive) philosophy to the team. With the addition of Amare Stoudamire and other minor things (Penny to bench, etc), the Suns need to figure out what's the best (or new?) way they could score, who is their go-to guy(s). Basically, what style of basketball they are going to play next season with all the athlete they have in each positions. Obviously, they're going to come out and run, run, run because Amare and The Matrix are best at that. But with Starbury at 1, I don't know. Starbury just didn't look like he likes to run all the time although he could.
I think run is the way. They should be a team with speed. But you can't use that all the time. Starbury can dominate, he is a proven player.

It's important to remember that the players have to run, but it's more important to make the ball run fast!

Who will make the ball run?

:cbanana::cbanana::cbanana:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts