Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surprising. I like it. Of course, depending on how much. Sounds like this won't impede getting Mayo either.

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt

Phoenix Suns are awarded ex-Rockets forward Luis Scola, per league sources. Houston used amnesty clause on Scola Friday.

Suns have indeed been aggressive revamping their team, w/Dragic, Beasley, Scola added in first two weeks, along w/first-rounder K Marshall.

And, obviously, Phoenix went hard after Eric Gordon. Pushing for O.J. Mayo, too.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Pretty confident they'll land Mayo to replace Gordon.

Obviously its a step down, but still a solid fit in my eyes.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^Same here.

3-yrs/$10M

Good shit.

The Phoenix Suns continued an aggressive rebuild of their franchise Sunday when they submitted the highest bid for free agent forward Luis Scola and were awarded the rights to the 32-year-old forward, according to league sources.

Because of Scola’s contract with Houston, which had $10 million in unguaranteed money in the final year of the deal, the Suns had to submit a bid of at least $3.3 million per year for Scola, and commit $10 million over three years.
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/15/suns-awarded-luis-scola/

·
2012 & 2013 NBA Champions
26,553 Posts
Great get for Phoenix. Dragic and Scola reunited.

Add OJ and Beasley to Gortat and that's a very very solid starting 5.

·
aka Chilltown
3,750 Posts
According to Gambo, suns did not make an offer to mayo during his visit. Mayo wants 8 mill per season which is about 2 mil more than I think he will end up getting. Suns want him to come down to be interested.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, not even Dallas will offer that shit. Other options are limited too in LA/CHI.

·
Premium Member
115,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He also said Scola's contract breakdown is 4.1, 4.5 and 4.9 million over next 3 and only 440K is guaranteed in year 3.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Would be nice if we landed Mayo too. Glad to see our Front Office actually doing something instead of just talking about doing something.

From everything I've read Mayo is basically here already. Seems like he's posturing now to try and get as much as he can out of us.

·
Registered
4,389 Posts
Mayo for 8M? Seems a little more than he's worth but I can stomach that I supposed. Assuming, of course, that he still has some growth in him.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts