Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TRADE TALK: Bulls operations chief John Paxson, who made the trip to Los Angeles on Tuesday, is trying to deal Marcus Fizer, and the Clippers are trying to move Thornton High product Melvin Ely, as well as clear cap space to take a run at Kobe Bryant this summer. The Bulls like Clippers guard Marko Jaric, and the two sides will talk about a trade sending Fizer to the Clippers for Jaric and Ely, according to a league source.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-roman281.html

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I hope to GOD this trade happens.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We better not end up with Dooling and Ely:upset:

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>unBULLievable</b>!
We better not end up with Dooling and Ely:upset:
No kidding. Jaric could end up being a permanant solution at SF, and all we'd be giving up is a guy who hasnt done ish in 4 years, and will be leaving in the offseason anyways. Works for me.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!
No kidding. Jaric could end up being a permanant solution at SF, and all we'd be giving up is a guy who hasnt done ish in 4 years, and will be leaving in the offseason anyways. Works for me.
Scratch that, I just looked it up and saw hes only 6'5, I thought he was 6'7. He can be a permanant solution at SG, if JC is traded. It definitely gives us flexibility to do so.

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,460 Posts

Scratch that, I just looked it up and saw hes only 6'5, I thought he was 6'7. He can be a permanant solution at SG, if JC is traded. It definitely gives us flexibility to do so.
Well he plays the 3 at times out there and the Forwards are much larger than they are out east.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
That would be an awesome beautiful and fantastic deal.

And for the record, between them, Jaric and Ely can play the 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. :grinning:

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
This is a really good trade. I hope it goes down. Jaric is a very interesting young player who is best suited at SG. Given the minutes at that spot he could really be good. Of course then we will have a ton of Jaric vs Crawford threads on who should be the starting SG. Might not matter though trading for Jaric probably means JC gets moved for a SF. Hinrich/Jaric backcourt would be very good defensively.

·
Registered
4,378 Posts
One question I have is what in the world do the Clips do at PG the rest of the season? They would only have Dooling and maybe Eddie House. Yikes!

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
One question I have is what in the world do the Clips do at PG the rest of the season? They would only have Dooling and maybe Eddie House. Yikes!
Doug Overton actually played the PG slot last night when Jaric wasn't in if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>DaBullz</b>!
But you gotta be _real_ good to play the 6 in the 4th Q.
What happened to you? Are you just more busy lately or what? You dont post much around here anymore. Just wondering whats up, you used to be very active in the Bulls forum.

·
Registered
31,975 Posts

What happened to you? Are you just more busy lately or what? You dont post much around here anymore. Just wondering whats up, you used to be very active in the Bulls forum.
I'm still very interested. I have just been VERY busy starting a new business. That's been consuming a lot of my time.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Pretty please let this happen. I know Jaric won't get to play the Bulls every night if he gets traded to us, but still, he's not too shabby at all. 14 points, 10 assists, 4 steals, 4 boards, 1 TO last night.

Of course he was playing against us, but that's not at all bad.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RetroDreams</b>!

Doug Overton actually played the PG slot last night when Jaric wasn't in if I remember correctly.

Oh well then, problem solved! :laugh:

He's got a point though. I wouldn't like to play games with Dooling and House (both shooting guards, really) and Doug freaking Overton as my point guard rotation.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Such a deal is ripe for expansion. And that means the Bulls may have to consider the inclusion of Crawford, if only to keep LA's core players (Brand, Maggette and Richardson) satisfied that this isn't just another one of those salary dump transactions.

Teams just don't trade a starter for a non rotation player from a 13-32 team. The Clips' key players would revolt. Jaric's no all-star, but his is a contributor and he seems content to sacrifice his own scoring so that their own Big Three get all the touches they want. If you replace him with Overton, House or Dooling vs. someone like Crawford, you'll see that team's morale drop like a rock.

The Clips fially seem to be trying to build something. A straight Fizer for Jaric/Ely trade would be viewed by other Clipper players as a step backwards.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!
Such a deal is ripe for expansion. And that means the Bulls may have to consider the inclusion of Crawford, if only to keep LA's core players (Brand, Maggette and Richardson) satisfied that this isn't just another one of those salary dump transactions.

Teams just don't trade a starter for a non rotation player from a 13-32 team. The Clips' key players would revolt. Jaric's no all-star, but his is a contributor and he seems content to sacrifice his own scoring so that their own Big Three get all the touches they want. If you replace him with Overton, House or Dooling vs. someone like Crawford, you'll see that team's morale drop like a rock.

The Clips fially seem to be trying to build something. A straight Fizer for Jaric/Ely trade would be viewed by other Clipper players as a step backwards.
Much like including Crawford in such a deal would be seen by Bulls players and fans.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
This would be a great deal for the Bulls. Although I don't think that Fizer is worth both Ely and Jaric.

·
Premium Member
4,882 Posts
Originally posted by <b>The OUTLAW</b>!
This would be a great deal for the Bulls. Although I don't think that Fizer is worth both Ely and Jaric.

That's their problem. :grinning:

·
Registered
892 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!

Much like including Crawford in such a deal would be seen by Bulls players and fans.
True, though I don't know if the Clips have demonstrated any dissatisfaction with Jaric's play the way the Bulls have with Crawford.

Bulls players could at least view Jaric as Crawford's replacement, like it or not. But if its a simple Fizer for Jaric/Ely deal, how can Clipper players view that as an improvement?

1 - 20 of 101 Posts