Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think Darius Miles is a great prospect but at the 3 we already have Patterson and Woods. I have been begging for P-Town to get a decent seven footer since Sabonis retired. They missed out on Olawakandi in Free Agency and passed up on more good big men in the draft to get Outlaw...WHEN ON WHEN WILL PORTLAND SIGN A SOLID 7FOOTER!:sigh:

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BlazeTop</b>!
I think Darius Miles is a great prospect but at the 3 we already have Patterson and Woods. I have been begging for P-Town to get a decent seven footer since Sabonis retired. They missed out on Olawakandi in Free Agency and passed up on more good big men in the draft to get Outlaw...WHEN ON WHEN WILL PORTLAND SIGN A SOLID 7FOOTER!:sigh:
show the management a solid 7 footer, and they probably will sign him.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Also who are these good big men you supposedly passed on in the draft? If we're talking about the likes of Kendrick Perkins, Slavko Vranes, Ramon Van de Hare, and Xue Yuyang here, then I really don't see the basis for your complaint.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I'm starting to like the 7 footer we have. He gets his mitts on the ball and gets it to the right person, he rebounds pretty well and he can even make a bucket. With more time Steph might not be to bad.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Kosta Perovic

We absolutley HAVE to draft this guy.

7'2, 240lbs, 19 years old.

He actually gets PT in the euroleague. Averaging 6.8ppg, 4rpg, .6bpg in 22 minutes. Those numbers are not great, but considering that he is playing against some of the best competition in europe they aint bad either.

Pavel is averaging like 2 points a game.

I would trade both of our picks for this guy, he is gonna be great IMO

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I to like Stepania efforts... he at least busts his butt. He is no Olajowan or Shaq, but he tries...

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Olowokandi is neither decent nor solid. He is worthless. What good is it to have a seven footer who only shoots 42% from the field on his career? Also, he's hurt so much, how would he be helping us?

Like Hap said, if the "solid gold center" existed, we would sign him.

Be glad we missed out on Kandi. He is useless.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!
Also who are these good big men you supposedly passed on in the draft? If we're talking about the likes of Kendrick Perkins, Slavko Vranes, Ramon Van de Hare, and Xue Yuyang here, then I really don't see the basis for your complaint.
Exactly. I think Portland was drafting for the best player with their position (in the draft, not on the court).

-Petey

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ThatBlazerGuy</b>!
Kosta Perovic

We absolutley HAVE to draft this guy.

7'2, 240lbs, 19 years old.

He actually gets PT in the euroleague. Averaging 6.8ppg, 4rpg, .6bpg in 22 minutes. Those numbers are not great, but considering that he is playing against some of the best competition in europe they aint bad either.

I would trade both of our picks for this guy, he is gonna be great IMO
Dont jump on hype bandwagon, which is started creating by US media. Sure, you can draft the guy, but hes very raw now and must play at least 2 years in Europe or even 4 years to become normal center...

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
Dont jump on hype bandwagon, which is started creating by US media. Sure, you can draft the guy, but hes very raw now and must play at least 2 years in Europe or even 4 years to become normal center...
Thank goodness, someone else who doesn't believe the hype on some of these kids.

I completely agree, Perovic is a nice big prospect, but if they are dumb enough to draft him OVER a better skilled player at another position (Hassan Adams, Tiago Splitter, Kris Humphries) they would be making a big mistake. Just like drafting Pavel, IF they got into the top 5. Or drafting Chiriaev at #9 or #13. There are better players that will be avialable.

Actually the center I really like, and who it seems is severly underated is David Harrison. IMO, he would be the perfect choice for the 2nd of our 1st rounders. He probably won't ever be a great\all-star like center, but he could be a good starting center, and put up some repectable point\board numbers. Which is all we really need from the center position.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I didnt believe he is a top player. I was perdicting where our draft spot would be(low lotto) and perdicted he would be the best center avaliable.

Splitter wont be avaliable when we pick, and i would take Perovic over Humphreys(Not a guy who will have his skills transfer well to NBA) and Adams wont come out this year..

By saying Perovic would be good i am actually trying to tell others to stay away from the Pavel and Uros hype.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Keion Clark in Utah is on the trade block and before his injury this season he played as well as he did when in Toronto last year..

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I am a big Clark fan.

I wonder if Utah would do a clark for dale trade

Hell, i would love to get Raul Lopez too. I wonder what it would take to get Clark and Lopez

·
Registered
841 Posts
Serious question: Doesn't Keon have a Derik 'Mr. Glass' Anderson injury record?

If so, I don't see how getting him would be a plus.

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
Originally posted by <b>trifecta</b>!
Serious question: Doesn't Keon have a Derik 'Mr. Glass' Anderson injury record?

If so, I don't see how getting him would be a plus.
he also, iirc, got arrested for pot.

So, scratch him and Kurt "I hit my wife" Thomas off the list of players that the Blazers can get and not come off as the biggest bunch of hypocrtical *** clowns in the NBA.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ThatBlazerGuy</b>!

Entertainment?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Portland should try to get a deal with Eddy Curry on the Bulls. Paxson said he is accepting offers for him and Curry, and I don't see why blazers would not want a young solid center like eddy.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BlazeTop</b>!
Keion Clark in Utah is on the trade block and before his injury this season he played as well as he did when in Toronto last year..
No he didn't, you made that up. He is averaging 2.0ppg and 3.5rpg in 2 games this season.

:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts