Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
13.4 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 3.3a, 2.4 turnovers...

I thought he was Kobe/T-Mac/Lebron level?

Yeah, yeah, injury, shminjury. If he's as good as people said he was during his fluke performance in last year's playoffs, he'd still be putting up good numbers. (see Jordan with flu, Kobe with bad ankle, Vince with every injury known to man, Lebron with broken nose)

He even did an interview with Marc Stein saying he didn't know what was going on and he felt "off."

I know what's going on, Manu. You're Wally Szczerbiak II.

·
We Just Wanna Chill
12,088 Posts
so maybe he started off on the wrong foot.....hes having a bad stretch. it happens to many nba players. i never saw him on a kobe, LBJ, etc level. yeah, he was a bit overrated in my mind last season during the playoffs. but i still like manu, im sure he`ll get over it. maybe not as great as our top elite SG, but definetly top 10, in my opinion.

·
Registered
440 Posts
You know, a "Manu sucks" post would have been more effective prior to his 28 points on 8 of 12 shooting last night. Just a thought.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Manu is a winner, he is better than his stats.

A lot of guards are not the winners, their stats are better than their wins.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
When the playoffs starts and Parker makes his usual dissapearing act, Manu will be unleashed again.

Besides it's only the regular season.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Sad Mafioso said:
When the playoffs starts and Parker makes his usual dissapearing act, Manu will be unleashed again.

Besides it's only the regular season.
oh yea, manu must me saving himself for the playoffs. duh.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Blink4 said:
oh yea, manu must me saving himself for the playoffs. duh.
Is there any reason not to?

While your team is probably fighting to get into the playoffs, the Spurs are pretty much IN before the all-star break. There's no need to sacrify yourself playing a game against New Orleans, Charlotte and the like's, when you're going to get roughed up in 4 playoffs series.

Quick: If the playoffs started today who'd you rather have Pierce or Ginobili.

I'm going with the proven winner. Manu.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
It's hard to criticize anyone on the Spurs at this point in the season, they just don't respect these games that much. This is almost like preseason to them, where they're getting warmed up. I give them until atleast January to start looking at them seriously.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sir Patchwork said:
It's hard to criticize anyone on the Spurs at this point in the season, they just don't respect these games that much. This is almost like preseason to them, where they're getting warmed up. I give them until atleast January to start looking at them seriously.
I don't remember Jordan, Magic or Bird ever dogging a game...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Ballscientist said:
Manu is a winner, he is better than his stats.

A lot of guards are not the winners, their stats are better than their wins.

Manu is the only current player winning a Olympic Medal, NBA 'World' Champ and Euro Champ :banana:

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
EGarrett said:
The season is a marathon, not a sprint. Just because Jordan could run the marathon like the whole thing was a sprint, doesn't mean everyone can. It is pretty well known that the Spurs don't come out of the gates fast because they pace themselves and build up momentum. November and December are the very beginning stages. They'll start really rolling in January.

·
Elite Member
15,161 Posts
EGarrett said:
Who said anything about "dogging" a game? Certainly not the Spurs, and not Patchwork based on what he wrote.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Sad Mafioso said:
Is there any reason not to?

While your team is probably fighting to get into the playoffs, the Spurs are pretty much IN before the all-star break. There's no need to sacrify yourself playing a game against New Orleans, Charlotte and the like's, when you're going to get roughed up in 4 playoffs series.

there is no way in hell id take ginobli. ginobli could never carry a team by himself, the way pierce has to do.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Well, if either of them had to carry a team by himself, you wouldn't be winning a championship anyway, so the assumption is that you have a good team around either of them.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
this is like the first time he "stinks" after all he has accomplished and people are already jumping on him

man haters

·
Stinging the West!
2,551 Posts
Uhmmm, I think most of us know that having a couple of bad games does NOT means you stink for the whole year, the season longs 82 games PLUS the playoffs
Anyway, he already made 28pts last night

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Sad Mafioso said:

Quick: If the playoffs started today who would you take Horry or KG.

You'd obviously go with the proven winner in Horry right?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
thug_immortal8 said:
Quick: If the playoffs started today who would you take Horry or KG.

You'd obviously go with the proven winner in Horry right?
well in terms of playoff success and experience Pierce is nowhere close to Ginobili...so (i am assuming) if you are trying to twist his argument around...it's two different things

1 - 20 of 69 Posts