Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mike Sweeney should had played more in the All-star game. true that Korenco of the Sox had a good game, but Mike Sweeney was the BEST hitter at the break. Come on. Like always Torre screwed KC.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
lol... Sweeney is the only thing KC has left, and I bet he bolts in FA. BTW, I think his name is Paul Konerko.;)

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by devestata
lol... Sweeney is the only thing KC has left, and I bet he bolts in FA. BTW, I think his name is Paul Konerko.;)
He was a FA last season, and he signed a 5 year contact with KC. But again, he is the best hitter in the game at that point, and no PT. What gives?

·
7,624 Posts
I dunno, I guess it all depends on who the manager is, and what team you play for. Obviously KC isn't the best team out there, and they aren't the worse either, Torre is biased for Yankees.;)

·
RUSH for Three says Owen
9,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
By far bias towards the yankees, if you read about my post about "All Star game is a joke" I said something about that.

As far as Sweeney, he is not on a good team, and lacks the exposure. However he will be a force for the Royals in'03. Next year, our young guns will be ready.

·
7,624 Posts
Yeah, looks like the youngens are coming together. Looks like KC may start to pull off a playoff run here!:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts