Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NC State up 30-21 at halftime over the Badgers.. Mike Wilkinson is playing like dog **** and needs to get going in the 2nd half if they (Wisconsin) even want a chance to win.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wisconsin has TAKEN over bigtime outscoring NC State 28-11 in the 2nd half.. Wisconsin up 49-41 with 7:45 left!! What a turnaround!

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
It's a shame somebody has to win this game. Just have the Villanova-UNC winner go to the Final Four.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WILKINSON FLUSHED IT IN FOR THE DAGGER!!!!

Bye Bye another ACC team :clap:

Way to represent Wisconsin.. You fought your asses back into the game and into the Elite 8.. Good job Ryan and players!!!!!!!

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Wisconsin into the Elite 8, and they haven't even played a single-digit-seed team yet.

March Madness.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Varsity, Varsity
U-rah rah Wisconsin
Praise to thee we sing (WE SING!!!)
Praise to thee our alma mater
U RAH RAH, Wisconsin!!!!

Oh man am I happy right now. Big Ten 3 - ACC 0 (pending UNC)

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Hey, it looks good for 2 hours, I have UNC winning it all in my bracket. Hey, I think the ACC is by far the best conference, but they DID just lose heads up to two Big Ten schools. And the Big Ten doesn't get any recruits. If UNC, Duke, Wake, Maryland, etc came after Deron, Wilkenson, Tucker, etc, they would have obviously gone. I'm proud of the boys and VERY proud that my school is back in the elite 8.

Is Wisconsin a Ewing Theory team waiting to happen after losing Devin Harris? Hmmmmm...............

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
TonyM said:
By comparison, they don't. And if you take Michigan State out of the picture it's just sad. Wisconsin's top recruits for this up comming season are from Wisconsin, Illinois, and South Dakota. There's no national recruiting power from Big Ten schools and considering that fact I think it's amazing they do so well. Duke, Carolina, UConn, Arizona, Kansas. They can recruit anywhere in the country, Illinois and Wisconsin can't.

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
Nimreitz said:
Illinois and Wisconsin can't.
That's quickly changing, but for the most part I'll agree. Win some championships and I bet they'll get some recognition from some bigger recruits. :wink:

·
Wooden the Wizard
13,621 Posts
I was really impressed with the Illinois guys this afternoon during their press conference. I'm not going to jump on the bandwagon or anything, but I'd wouldn't be disappointed at all if they won this year.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Lmao Nim.. He probably doesnt even watch Wisconsin play (considering their weak conference) :laugh:

Actually is his name really Mike or did he change it from Michael? I dont know

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
I've never heard him called Michael, although it's not a huge problem, but "Wilkerson" is just rediculous. Dickie V called the UW - Illinois game at the Kohl Center he should damn well know his name!! I think Verne Lundquist says Wilkerson too.

·
Say Cheese
3,842 Posts
It is mind-boggling that players like Mike Wilkinson can't get their names announced right by the "big-time" analysts....well, actually it isn't, considering Wilkinson isn't a 1st round pick, and he plays a fundamentely sound game, something that isn't very appealing to the masses nowadays....imo it is kind of disrespectful, because with the season that a player like Wilkinson has had, he should be a name that is easily remembered and brought up when it comes to the best big men in the nation.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts