Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
T. Lue Changed the Game'

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49477-2002Nov1.html

When the Wizards traded Chris Whitney to the Denver Nuggets on Oct. 24, Lue became the only true point guard on the team. Hughes is making the transition from shooting guard to the point, and has had difficulties. Last night, he went scoreless and did not deliver an assist in 16 foul-plagued minutes that included four turnovers.

"I didn't get into the flow," Hughes said. "It was just one of the games."

With Hughes sitting on the bench in foul trouble, Lue came in and energized the offense. By halftime, Washington had built an 18-point lead.

------------------------

If this continues, how long until Hughes gets the hook for Lue? Or, is it part of the plan? Not hughes playing poorly, but Lue might be a guy who's better suited to coming off the bench. Especially with MJ, they could form a second team that either wears out the starters or feasts on backups.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I agree w/NE Wiz, Lue brings good energy and a great change of pace player off the bench.

Unless Hughes strings together about 6 or 7 bad games like last night, he should keep the starting PG job.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hughes has got to pick it up or we'll have FJ of Rockaway over here giving us guff even if we go 82-1. :)

But boy, Lue's really turned into a nice player. From about the all-star break last season (when everyone else seemed to fall apart), I thought he picked up his game, and he's shown steady improvement since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts