Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"I feel like I'm about 40 years old," McGrady, 25, said. "I have tendinitis in both of my knees, and it's really painful. It's hard to run and to explode, to do what I do on the basketball court. It's really bothering me right now. It's killing me."

Weve suspected hes hurt and beat up, but I think this is the first time he's said anything..

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/3116659

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
He breaks down every year around this time. Usually it's the bad back, now he says he has bad knees. Neither of those things really go away. Makes you wonder how long his career will last.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Athletes arent Superman. ~70 games playing 41 minutes each, with only one week off for all star break.

·
Banned
22,939 Posts
Mike luvs KG said:
He breaks down every year around this time. Usually it's the bad back, now he says he has bad knees. Neither of those things really go away. Makes you wonder how long his career will last.
That is true. He seems to be able to get through a portion of the season, and then a nagging injury kicks in. Its not good to see at his age, and the fact that its a different injury then in the past is even worse.

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
i think hes hurt but he can deal with it mentaly

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
He won't be able to deal with it mentally if he comes out and whines like he did right there. But come on TMAC, keep it within yourself, you are lowering team morale

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
T-Mac is beat up and gets some sympathy. Kobe is faking it and should be sent to the firey depths of hell!!!!!!! :clap: :biggrin:

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
T-Mac is beat up and gets some sympathy. Kobe is faking it and should be sent to the firey depths of hell!!!!!!! :clap: :biggrin:
Right, sympathy like this:

He won't be able to deal with it mentally if he comes out and whines like he did right there. But come on TMAC, keep it within yourself, you are lowering team morale
Every player has critics.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
adarsh1 said:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: He hasn't said anything all year until now. When the media asks him "are you hurt?" he's not gonna lie.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
TMac is only 25 but he's been in the league for eight years now. He's taken more of a beating physically than the average 25 year old. Most players that age have only played about 3 years in the NBA. Think about the pounding these athletes take. They are playing nonstop from the beginning of November till the end of April. That is only for the players that don't make the postseason. Everyone else plays till May or June. Plus, there is the preseason. You can see the wear and tear on Kobe too. He doesn't seem to have as much bounce as he did a few years ago. He also seems to miss games every season with nagging injuries. Even KG has been hurting this season. It catches up to everyone, especially those younger guys that have been in the league for so many years like Kobe and TMac.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
Kobe has played in 4 finals out of the last 5 years. That's like playing another full season in the same period of time. I would almost expect him to have nagging injuries especially this year carrying the full load.

On the other hand, Tmac has that freakish body. Almost too long and lanky and he's had injury problems for a couple of year now. Hopefully it's just a temporary setback but he really hasn't bulked up like guys like Jordan to take the pounding.

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
Pioneer10 said:
Kobe has played in 4 finals out of the last 5 years. That's like playing another full season in the same period of time. I would almost expect him to have nagging injuries especially this year carrying the full load.

On the other hand, Tmac has that freakish body. Almost too long and lanky and he's had injury problems for a couple of year now. Hopefully it's just a temporary setback but he really hasn't bulked up like guys like Jordan to take the pounding.
Now he is using pick and roll as his main weapon which isnt going to bring Houston a championship anyway to make his game a bit easy. lol if he is trying to play like Jordan. LMAO!

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Pioneer10 said:

Tracy actually bulked up last season..but has seemed to have slimmed down this year...

...add to fact that he is now playing small foward..he has taking somewhat of a pounding this season

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
adarsh1 said:

if someone is hurting they should have the right to say it... he doesn't really sound like hes whining anyway

·
Hurt Squad
4,842 Posts
What the hell type of leader says he has injuries?

i guess ME-MAC is just another stupid cry-baby :rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts