Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I leave the league for now, there have been so many profound people who inspired me along my way. I have to say thank you for guiding me and having an enormous influence on the way I played basketball. Isaiah Thomas, Rich Devos, Leslie Alexander and John Gabriel, you believed in me and I thank you. Jeff Van Gundy, you exemplified the brilliance of what a great coach is. Steven A. Smith, you gave us players a voice and for that I thank you. Doug Christy, Charles Oakley, Dee Brown, Mugsy Bogues, Antonio Davis, Dell Curry, Kevin Willis, you all showed a young kid from Auburndale Florida how to be a better player. Kobe, you made me work harder and it was an honor to play against you. And Yao, we shared an experience together that will always be with me, thank you. Sonny & Pam Vaccarro showed me how there is loyalty and genuine friendship in this business. Arn Tellem and Tim Hoy, 15 years and you are still my agents. Thank you for guiding me throughout my career. When all is said and done, there is so many that made an impact on my life. I am one blessed man to have the love and never ending support of my wife CleRenda and the best 4 kids a man can ask for. But most important, I give glory and thanks to God. It is thru Him that I have been so blessed and I am forever thankful.

As I enter this next chapter, I am excited to play for Qingdao Eagles in China. I have been to China several times in the last few years and I love the people and the country. It will be an honor to play for them. Thank you to every fan that has followed me and believed in me. Injuries and all, I wouldn’t have changed a thing. I am proud of the mark I left on this game and am grateful to have been a part this league. It was a dream to play in front of all of you, each night, in every stadium. Thank you.

Tmac
:hano: @ for now

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
What an honor to have your last name misspelled by a former teammate!

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
Chicago should pick him up

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
Im kinda glad some of these big name stars are heading overseas at the end of their careers. Its a win/win for everyone involved. They get to remain a big star for an extra couple of years while collecting a big paycheck yet at the same time they dont tarnish their reputations in the nba... plus nba teams are able to develop some youth in their place. I like it, and i hope guys like Jermaine O'neal, Rip Hamilton etc... are paying attention

·
Premium Member
4,609 Posts
Isiah Thomas. Doug Christie. Muggsy Bogues. You would think he would spell their names properly if he wanted to thank them.

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Meh, I don't see the problem. Half the idiots in pro sports can't even string together a coherent sentence these days.

All the best to TMac. Hes always come across as a nice guy. Just lazy.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FWIW at least you know he probably wrote it himself which means it was genuine.

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
I hope he does well there. He was one of my favorite non-Lakers to watch. It's unfortunate that his injuries and laziness got in the way of what should've been a much better career.

·
Registered
10,500 Posts
good luck to T-Mac - sadly I'm pretty sure he did about as well as I would have under the same circumstances - which is to say that if I were peter parker I too would have spent most of my time either showing off to get chicks or sitting on my couch getting high with my buddies and playing video games and criminals (or GOATs) be damned

·
Premium Member
8,493 Posts
It's a shame that he and Yao never had a full year where they were both healthy. That team should have seriously challenged for a Finals spot.

·
Administrator
67,769 Posts
FWIW at least you know he probably wrote it himself which means it was genuine.
Exactly what I was thinking.

·
Premium Member
18,840 Posts
All his other faults have obscured how good he was at one point. That 02-03 season of his is one of the best I've ever seen

·
Mammal
2,299 Posts
Everything said, and the fact that it's great for basketball in general. I hope the trend continues. Stars build their fandom, play out their productive careers in the NBA, then by moving to play overseas effectively act as ambassadors to the game. I'm sure the majority of the fans in China could care less whether T-Mac's anywhere near his prime playing level, they just want to see dude play.

·
Registered
14,165 Posts
All his other faults have obscured how good he was at one point. That 02-03 season of his is one of the best I've ever seen
He was never THAT good (unless you go by the Tiny-Archibald-rule-of-law).
Tracie McGreedy was an underachiver asn will forever stand as a comical footnote in NBA history.
Good riddance (sp?)!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts