Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Poor shandon and frank have found themselves getting splinters on the bench. Williams is ten times the player moochie will ever be,and Hardaway is great,but hes old,fragile and you can see the fatigue from his jumper late in games. At least get shandon 10 minutes backing up Allan. We need at least someone with athleticism so marbury doesnt have to get double teamed on fast breaks while the rest of the team watches.

back to williams. Moochie flat out sucks. I thought this guy would be okay, tried to be optimistic about him,but as other posters here said, he just sucks. We put this guy in with a 10 point lead and by the time he left the floor we were down 8. he plays EXACTLY like the infamous Howard Eisley, as he dribbles, goes nowhere passes to the wing and runs away, also shooting when theres about to be a shot clock violation(mainly because of his sucking). He cant break down the defense with his dribbling, he cant play defense, he doesnt even have a stupid gimmick like the afro anymore. You all already know what frank can do. i think Lenny just gave up on frank since hes an old man that belongs in a retirement home. i respect him sure...he brought a little defensive intensity...but come on his rotation sucks.

Oh YEAH, that Mike sweetney guy. Othellas great and i have no real problem there except i wanna see mike gain some confidence. he always looks nervous on the court.

and why is mike doleac getting these major minutes at center??? Kurt Thomas should be getting some of doleacs minutes because Mike is a scrub. Let him come in, pick n roll, hit a few jumpers...but then get his *** out of the game. i coulda swore he took like 11 shots in the houston game...its rediculous!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I agree with a lot of your post and have wondered about some of the same. Just a couple of thoughts. On Anderson and Williams, I have a feeling Thomas wants to trade them imminently and doesn't want them getting injured. And Lenny coached Penny so knows his game, he's still getting to know Anderson. Yup, Moochie blows. As for Allan, the TV guys said they saw him favoring his injured knee. I don't think he had that usual little lateral move he makes to free himself for his shot. Though if that's the reason I don't see why he played 41 minutes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I definitely don't favor the Moochie over Frank decision but I read in the papers that Wilkens acknowledged Frankie's been playing great in practice and has earned a nod for more minutes.

We'll see tonight.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
i really hope frank williams is traded so he gets a fair shot to play..

The guy played extremely well when Chaney started him and the Knicks went on that mini roll..He now plays behind Moochie???:no:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
He did well because he played crap point guards on crap teams.

He did most of his damage against the Hawks' Jacque Vaughn.
He started against the Heat twice who were without PG Dwyane Wade.
The Magic are starting Tyronn Lue, the only starting PG in the league who is worse than any of the Knicks' 3 PGs.

He didn't face a decent PG, much less an all-star PG.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts