Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Talent doesn't mean a damn thing if the person who possesses the talent has no idea how to cultivate it...the three C's have no idea what hard work is...here's to them figuring it out as soon as possible. If not, screw 'em, they will never have to work another day in their lives, let them continue to be overpaid mediocre basketball players who fade off into the sunset having accomplished nothing great. If any member of the Bulls organization happens to be reading this...these so called "professional athletes" had better be in "professional athlete" shape next season. If they come into camp in anything but tip top shape, you can kiss these season tickets goodbye.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like to say people are getting on the three c's which is to a degree I understand. But Cartwright takes some of the blame also and here's why. First, he tries to teach them the triangle, instead of working on fundamentals. Which is how to condition your self as well. You read some the quotes coming from Skiles such as these guys haven't been taught how to condition themselves and felt the same way. The veterans we had in the past was not good examples (rose in particular) and also I don't think Cartwright took a personal approach with a big men. You can demand things from players and not show them the way. I believe that is the case with these guys. I believe an off-season with Skiles along with the veterans we have now, can show these guys what it takes to be conditioned for the season. Now if you look at the games an see we lose our competitive spirit in the second half which I believe is because the team runs out of gas. Also I think Jay Williams influence on the team had more weight than what people think because it pushed crawford to play a lot harder.

·
Banned
780 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bigreg</b>!
I like to say people are getting on the three c's which is to a degree I understand. But Cartwright takes some of the blame also and here's why. First, he tries to teach them the triangle, instead of working on fundamentals. Which is how to condition your self as well. You read some the quotes coming from Skiles such as these guys haven't been taught how to condition themselves and felt the same way. The veterans we had in the past was not good examples (rose in particular) and also I don't think Cartwright took a personal approach with a big men. You can demand things from players and not show them the way. I believe that is the case with these guys. I believe an off-season with Skiles along with the veterans we have now, can show these guys what it takes to be conditioned for the season. Now if you look at the games an see we lose our competitive spirit in the second half which I believe is because the team runs out of gas. Also I think Jay Williams influence on the team had more weight than what people think because it pushed crawford to play a lot harder.
o good lord will you plz get off the excuses trip?the COACHES can only do so much with these guys but its all up to the player to make that step form good to great,think of the Coaches like teachers and the players like the students if it were ture that the teacher could teach every student how to do their math,spelling,reading then no one in america would be without reading skills.

well the nba is the sameway you have some kids that come in and just want to be the best and work their ***'s off to get there and then they are some that just dont care about anything but the money and once they sign their contracts its over they got what they wanted so no need to work any more..

i dont thing any coach or vet can help EC he has to make the change him self and does anyone really ever see him laying off the pizza and hitin the gym hard?

·
Banned
780 Posts
Also I think Jay Williams influence on the team had more weight than what people think because it pushed crawford to play a lot harder.
lol thats funny bc JC was at his worse last season when he had jwill on his back dont you remeber?that was one of the excuses for him not playing well last yr...

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
A coach might not be able to change Eddy but it looks like Paxson will sure as the hell try this summer. That is not Johns job neither!

We do run out of gas. It is obvious.

Chandler being hurt has hurt this team. Just how much? We might not get to know this season. When he comes back, he too will be out of shape. Game shape. He may never reach game shape the rest of the season.

Jay's injury really hurt this team. I have said this more than once in here. Pushing Jamal was one this for sure!!

Jamal is a good 3rd option. He needs two more scorers. I say two because until Eddy comes around as being the first option like he was suppose to be, we need two not one more scorer.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truebluefan</b>!
A coach might not be able to change Eddy but it looks like Paxson will sure as the hell try this summer. That is not Johns job neither!

We do run out of gas. It is obvious.

Chandler being hurt has hurt this team. Just how much? We might not get to know this season. When he comes back, he too will be out of shape. Game shape. He may never reach game shape the rest of the season.

Jay's injury really hurt this team. I have said this more than once in here. Pushing Jamal was one this for sure!!

Jamal is a good 3rd option. He needs two more scorers. I say two because until Eddy comes around as being the first option like he was suppose to be, we need two not one more scorer.
i think alot of this stuff was overblown

for one no one was complaining about JC's conditioning ,

how do i know because he plays alot and he has not once this season come out of a game due to conditioning , he also came into this season weighing 195 which is a personal high for him.

TC lost alot of weight this summer but managed to put it on again he just was not able to improve upon it because of the time it took . plus he has not had conditioning problems last season he was putting in 40 min. games despite being underweight and had ample playing time this season before he got hurt

curry on the other hand has had conditioning problems this season and last and the season before , he may not have it in him to be a workhorse right now and it may not even be work ethic it may be genetic , people forget in orl. shaq would get very winded too and tended to have huge 1st halves and weak 2nd halves until about his 4th season. time will tell on curry because he like the other 2 C's will be in the nba a long while i'm willing to be patient to see which one it is.

i dont think jay pushed craw i think he hindered him by taking away pt, the one thing all young players need most

i think at this point in JC's career he can be a #2 option but there has to be a guy who is #1 and the bulls right now have nothing even close , i think when curry gets it you will see a dramatic improvement in crawford's game

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bigreg</b>!
You read some the quotes coming from Skiles such as these guys haven't been taught how to condition themselves and felt the same way.
I'm sick of hearing about that excuse. How hard can it be to "learn to condition" yourself? I bet you that they know that they get tired running up and down the court. Don't you think they know that they should be running instead of lying around at home or clubbing? There's no trick to conditioning, all it takes is effort and that's something that too many players just don't put in. The least they could've done is hire a personal trainer. I feel sorry for Bulls fans who should feel ripped off by some of these players but instead make excuses for them.

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
REGARDLESS of who the player is, or even the sport frankly, i truly believe that if a PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE isn't prepared to spend the off-season working on his conditioning, improving his strength (*cough* cause after all that's ALL jamal needs *cough*), fine-tuning his game fundamentals - if this is not the most BASIC of instincts, then find another profession fellas.

come on. quit raggin' on the 3-C's? it's only their JOB to do this. why they are paid MILLIONS of dollars. what is really sad is that it should be a no-brainer.

talent is a wonderful thing, a God-given gift, but you gotta work at it - uh, that would be the make an effort part for those playing at home - or you're gonna lose it. plain and simple.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mizenkay</b>!
REGARDLESS of who the player is, or even the sport frankly, i truly believe that if a PROFESSIONAL ATHLETE isn't prepared to spend the off-season working on his conditioning, improving his strength (*cough* cause after all that's ALL jamal needs *cough*), fine-tuning his game fundamentals - if this is not the most BASIC of instincts, then find another profession fellas.

come on. quit raggin' on the 3-C's? it's only their JOB to do this. why they are paid MILLIONS of dollars. what is really sad is that it should be a no-brainer.

talent is a wonderful thing, a God-given gift, but you gotta work at it - uh, that would be the make an effort part for those playing at home - or you're gonna lose it. plain and simple.
in truth there are alot of pro athletes who do nothing in their off-seasons (baseball comes to mind when i think of players who historically do nothing)

heck in the nba they used to work day jobs over the summer

and its quite honesly easy to see all 3 C's worked over the summer but i can really see only 1 who didn't work hard enough (Curry) and he worked with the nba's best known trainer in tim grover

·
Registered
8,604 Posts
Originally posted by <b>happygrinch</b>!

in truth there are alot of pro athletes who do nothing in their off-seasons (baseball comes to mind when i think of players who historically do nothing)

heck in the nba they used to work day jobs over the summer

and its quite honesly easy to see all 3 C's worked over the summer but i can really see only 1 who didn't work hard enough (Curry) and he worked with the nba's best known trainer in tim grover
nothing? not even jog or lift weights? play a little mixed doubles? (that one is to make you laugh, HG)

heck, i'm not saying they did nothing - ok it's pretty obvious eddy didn't do enough - but i guess my point is, since they went on such a tear to finish last season, you'd think that it would have really motivated them over the summer. oh, it's just so frustrating at this point - woulda, coulda, shoulda right?!

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mizenkay</b>!

nothing? not even jog or lift weights? play a little mixed doubles? (that one is to make you laugh, HG)

heck, i'm not saying they did nothing - ok it's pretty obvious eddy didn't do enough - but i guess my point is, since they went on such a tear to finish last season, you'd think that it would have really motivated them over the summer. oh, it's just so frustrating at this point - woulda, coulda, shoulda right?!
sure you would think it , we all did, but it didn't happen , the best we can hope is that something was learned from this

·
Registered
24 Posts
Originally posted by <b>spongyfungy</b>!
NBA Fastbreak tonight Smith vs. Anthony debating talent vs. effort. Anthony was saying talent just doesn't cut it. Smith saying Bulls have boatload of talent.

plus that desmond over l. murray dunk and q dunk over ruffin.

fastbreak.avi (9 megs)

talent obviously gets your further then effort, look no further then 2:30 PM on WGN :dead:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts