Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and make them a huge offer for Tracy McGrady.

Anyone outside of Chandler,Davis,Hinrich, and JYD is fair game. TMac along with those 4 and role players like Gill, Blount, Brunson, Dupree,etc would make for a very nice team.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
JC,Erob,Curry,Fizer

for

McGrady,Lue

Then draft Sergei Monya, sign Mario Austin and let Brunson walk. That leaves one extra spot for a big man of your choice.

Hinrich,Lue,Williams
McGrady,Gill,Dupree
Pippen,Monya,Jeffries
Chandler,JYD,Austin
Davis,Blount

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bullhawk</b>!

Anyone outside of Chandler,Davis,Hinrich, and JYD is fair game. TMac along with those 4 and role players like Gill, Blount, Brunson, Dupree,etc would make for a very nice team.
That leaves only Curry, Crawford, Fizer, Robinson and Jefferies...I don't see that as enough to get T-Mac. If they wanted McGrady...I think Chandler would have to be involved. Also, the Magic wouldn't want to take on Robinson's contract if they were losing T-Mac in the deal.

Orlando trades: SG Tracy McGrady (25.5 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 5.8 apg in 39.4 minutes)
C Andrew DeClercq (3.3 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.7 apg in 14.5 minutes)
Orlando receives: PF Jerome Williams (7.4 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 28.3 minutes)
PF Tyson Chandler (13.0 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.0 apg in 28.6 minutes)
PF Marcus Fizer (6.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 14.2 minutes)
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 35.1 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +15.0 ppg, +16.2 rpg, and +1.9 apg.

Chicago trades: PF Jerome Williams (7.4 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 1.1 apg in 28.3 minutes)
PF Tyson Chandler (13.0 ppg, 10.3 rpg, 1.0 apg in 28.6 minutes)
PF Marcus Fizer (6.5 ppg, 4.0 rpg, 0.8 apg in 14.2 minutes)
SG Jamal Crawford (16.9 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 5.5 apg in 35.1 minutes)
Chicago receives: SG Tracy McGrady (25.5 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 5.8 apg in 36 games)
C Andrew DeClercq (3.3 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 0.7 apg in 35 games)
Change in team outlook: -15.0 ppg, -16.2 rpg, and -1.9 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

Chicago...
PG: Kirk Hinrich...Rick Brunson...*Jay Williams
SG: Kendall Gill...Ronald Dupree
SF: Tracy McGrady...Eddie Robinson...Chris Jefferies...*Scottie Pippen
PF: Antonio Davis...Corie Blount
C: Eddy Curry...Andrew DeClercq

Orlando...
PG: Jamal Crawford...Tyronn Lue...Rod Strickland
SG: Gordan Giricek...Keith Bogans...*Reece Gaines
SF: Juwan Howard...Jerome Williams...*Grant Hill
PF: Drew Gooden...Marcus Fizer...Zaza Pachulia...*Pat Garrity
C: Tyson Chandler...Steven Hunter

Orlando would just release Nailon and Williams.

Chicago could have a starting backcourt of Williams and Hinrich, when Williams returns next season.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would want to keep Davis and JYD. They can have either Tyson or Eddy(not both), Crawford,Erob, and Fizer. Hell I would even throw in a pick. That should be enough. Fizer has an expiring contract. They would have a little while to see if JC fits plus a young 7ft bigman in the East.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
When you are trying to get a player who is miles better than anyone you have, you don't have the right to demand that four of your best players are untouchable. :no:

·
Registered
892 Posts
The fact is, McGrady can opt out of his contract with Orlando after next season. He could, in effect leave them holding the bag with absolutely nothing to show for the time he spent there.

And there are indications, subtle though they may be, that T-Mac's tired of all the losing and fan apathy in Orlando. You may want to take a look at a recent article about this very subject:

http://www.oregonlive.com/nba/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/sports/107391227660330.xml

"Of course, it's my team. It's just tough right now, because we're not winning," McGrady said. "It's always going to be my team, as long as I'm here."

His statement could mean nothing at all. Then again...

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Bullhawk</b>!

I'dd love to have T-Mac(who wouldn't)though i dont think we have enogh to offer,unless wer'e talking about our picks throughout the hole centuary!
I'd narrow your list of untouchables to Kirk and TC only,and if we're gonna give a lot away i sure would prefer Kobe.but this is only fantasy land sadly.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
actually i think curry+JC+1first rounder next year is enough. we can throw in fizer as well. no way we are givnig up both chandler/curry/ and kirk or JC. we keep 2 of them,throw in an unprotected first rounder. maybe take some bad contracts off the magic's hand too. weird or not i feel like that could be enough to get t-mac.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Sith</b>!
actually i think curry+JC+1first rounder next year is enough. we can throw in fizer as well. no way we are givnig up both chandler/curry/ and kirk or JC. we keep 2 of them,throw in an unprotected first rounder. maybe take some bad contracts off the magic's hand too. weird or not i feel like that could be enough to get t-mac.
If McGrady were on the Bulls would you trade him for Curry, JC and a #1 pick? I sure as hell wouldn't.

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
I disagree. I feel the Magic realize T-Mac is gone in a couple of years regardless of what they do. The risks we take and they take is not being able to sign T-Mac/Crawford to an extension. That could be what makes a potential deal fall through.

Jamal Crawford
Eddy Curry
Marcus Fizer
#1 Pick 2004

for

Tracy McGrady
Keith Bogans

CHICAGO BULLS
Kirk Hinrich
Tracy McGrady
Ronald Dupree
Tyson Chandler
Antonio Davis

Veteran PG
Kendall Gill
Jerome Williams
Corie Blount

Jay Williams
Keith Bogans
Mario Austin

Eddie Robinson(IR)

ORLANDO MAGIC
Ben Gordon
Jamal Crawford
Juwan Howard
Emeka Okafor
Eddy Curry

Tyronn Lue
Gordon Giricek
Drew Gooden
MLE Free Agent

Rod Strickland
Pat Garrity
Steven Hunter

Reece Gaines(IR)
Grant Hill(IR)

It gives the Magic some flexibility to be able to package Gooden + Crawford to get an even better player. They're big up front and can score. With Okafor they won't be weak defensively. Overall, it just looks like they'll be better from top to bottom. Like the Bulls, could be next year. And for us T-Mac + Hinrich + Chandler and 2 hard-working guys like Dupree + AD plus a decent bench with Gill and JYD has to translate into wins. But usually a player like T-Mac is untouchable regardless of the circumstances.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Well at least Jamal and T-Mac wouldn't have to fight for jersey #1 in any of these trade scenarios.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Tmac would beat out JC for the #1 easily, hes the better player, so he gets to choose first-.-

but realistically if we give up both chandler/curry+jc for t-mac,what does it leave us with? we would be a worse team than the current magic.
ive said it many tmies before, and i will say it again here:
curry will be the bset center in 2-3 years. hes that good! he just needs motivation.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
Hinrich, Chandler, Curry, ERob, Antonio Davis

for

Tracy Mcgrady

They MIGHT do that.

Jamal
T-Mac
Pippen
JYD
Blount

Still not too bad.
still not too bad? this is a HORRIBLE LINE UP, jc/tmac play similiar style of game, and pippen is on his last leg, JYD is a journeyman whos good for no more than 25min a game and blount lol. cmon man this team is worse than the current magic team for sure.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Tmac would beat out JC for the #1 easily, hes the better player, so he gets to choose first-.-

but realistically if we give up both chandler/curry+jc for t-mac,what does it leave us with? we would be a worse team than the current magic.
ive said it many tmies before, and i will say it again here:
curry will be the bset center in 2-3 years. hes that good! he just needs motivation.
what have we got now to say we'd be left with nothing?

and if we trade EC+JC it would leave us with Kirk and TC,together with T-Mac its not bad.oh,and A.D and JYD.T-Mac changes the hole story on offense by himself(well,not for Magic,but maybe for us)

it does not change my disbelief it could happen anyway.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
seriously if we offer the magic curry+jc+1st rounder by the trading dealline, i m sure the magic will give a SERIOUS consideration and probably will pull the trigger, this year the magic is going no where and next year theres a very good chance that T-mac is leaving. by gettnig back 2 potential star players(1 being a center in this cetner-less league) and +1st rounder who could be a very high lottery pick, if i were the magic, i would do the deal.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!

what have we got now to say we'd be left with nothing?

and if we trade EC+JC it would leave us with Kirk and TC,together with T-Mac its not bad.oh,and A.D and JYD.T-Mac changes the hole story on offense by himself(well,not for Magic,but maybe for us)

it does not change my disbelief it could happen anyway.
i said if we give up BOTH chandler/curry +jc(read my previous post carefully) we would be left with nothing. but if we keep one of the big guy + either kirk/jamal and throw in t-mac we would be fine.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts

i said if we give up BOTH chandler/curry +jc(read my previous post carefully) we would be left with nothing. but if we keep one of the big guy + either kirk/jamal and throw in t-mac we would be fine.
if u mean EC+TC+JC i agree!

but if it's just one of the big fellows(lets say EC the Magic would want more since they got Gooden)then we still have :

Kirk
T-Mac
JYD
TC
A.D

and if I'm just being stupid Sith I'm sorry,maybe i didn't get u right.

I agree the Magic would think about it if we Give EC+JC+unprotected pick+JYD maybe .

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.