Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I know we are one of the lowliest franchises in sports but hey i'm still a fan, oh yeah and were 1-0 *****. Some good young talent on this team and hopefully we don't finish in last in the AL East :biggrin:

Tomorrow's game vs. the Orioles

The pitching matchup:

TB: Matt Garza

vs.

Bal: Daniel Cabrera

Hopefully we advance to 2-0

Go Rays!!!!

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We have exercised Carl Crawford's $8.25 million 2009 option, which hopefully means he is here for a while. We didn't exercise Baldelli's option due to his injury.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol I'm old school I have been with this team through thick and thin. Plus barely anyone notices them and i'm sure your the only one who will notice this minor mistake lol

Are you a Rays fan diss?

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
lol I'm old school I have been with this team through thick and thin. Plus barely anyone notices them and i'm sure your the only one who will notice this minor mistake lol

Are you a Rays fan diss?
Haha I was just making fun of them changing it. Devil Rays is much better. If they're going to change it, might as well just make up a new name.

Nope. I'm a Redsox fan :). But because I live there, it's hard not to hear stuff about them. What made you become a fan of theirs? I thought you'd be a Tigers fan, or something. Was also surprising to see you like the Knicks, too lol.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I support the Tigers through regional affiliation lol. But most of my family like the Knicks for some reason unknown to me, but I do like them lol. The Devil Rays have a couple kids from my high school in their farm system (or did) and I just support the organization because well they need some fans lol.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha well entertaining in a ****ty on court performance even with good talent, your coach rapes big bertha look-a-likes, and your the laughingstock of the league type of way. It would be nice if they were entertaining for the right reasons, somehow landing the guy in your avy would be a very nice start.

·
Premium Member
19,652 Posts
It would be great for the league if the Knicks can become a serious franchise again, hopefully Donnie Walsh will clean the house. Forcing Dolan to sell the team wouldn't be bad either ...

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^^^^ Agree on both parts. Dolan needs to go and I hope thats the first move Walsh makes. We alos need to find a decent coach who can mesh our talent (probably impossible) or completely overhaul our roster. I hope the latter takes place because our current roster holds almost no hope for success in the future.

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
That would be freaking hilarious if the Rays win a title before the Cubs win another.

Dare I say, it's actually possible with the way baseball is now. It'd have to be the most amazing turn around in sports history.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That would be freaking hilarious if the Rays win a title before the Cubs win another.

Dare I say, it's actually possible with the way baseball is now. It'd have to be the most amazing turn around in sports history.
I think it happens. :biggrin: theres the mega-jinx now

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
Hey, make sure you go to mlb.com to vote multiple times for Evan Longoria to the all star game. It's a crime he's on the final fan vote. He should have automatically made it.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts