Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
7,264 Posts
i like the devil rays and i've always wanted them to find success despite me being a yankees fan

im glad they have the best record in major league baseball

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
Hey bball, change that to Rays...you know that's why you guys are on fire, you drop that old "Devil" like a bad habit! :)I'm still mad at Al Leiter, Duquette, and that dumb as John Franco for conspiring to get rid of Scott Kazmir. This is why these guys are in the witness protection program. LOL It's nice to see a young team do well, and it's great for the league.

·
Best non-Yankee 4 17 Yrs!
2,480 Posts
Hey, make sure you go to mlb.com to vote multiple times for Evan Longoria to the all star game. It's a crime he's on the final fan vote. He should have automatically made it.
The entire American League roster is a freaking tragedy. It's a shame that the American League is able to get such great players with their higher payroll and yet the true greats ones in the league get screwed. Morneau should be starting over Youkilis. Kinsler should be starting over pedroia. Young should be starting over Jeter. Bradley should have been elected to start. Sizemore and Markakis should be starting over Suzuki and Ramirez. Varitek getting in screws Pierzynski. Jeter getting in screws Guillen. Crede getting in screws Longoria. Ortiz getting in screws Huff. Suzuki, Ramirez, and Drew getting in screws Dye, Crawford, and Markakis. By merit of those guys getting in, Sherrill is forced into the game which screws over Morrow.

All in all, there are six guys starting that shouldn't be starting and there are eight guys elected by some means that shouldn't even be there.

Major League Baseball needs to address the issue of the All-Star Game deciding home field for the World Series. They either need to have some form of formula to objectively decide who is starting and playing or they need to just do away with it. Eventually that small market team that didn't garner the votes of the fans is going to go all the way to the World Series with a quality team and a better record than everybody else. Despite everything they'll have accomplished, they'll be starting off as the away team because some over-the-hill schmucks, Japanese players elected through sheer xenophobia, and over-saturated large market players all didn't perform well in the All-Star game.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Hey bball, change that to Rays...you know that's why you guys are on fire, you drop that old "Devil" like a bad habit! :)I'm still mad at Al Leiter, Duquette, and that dumb as John Franco for conspiring to get rid of Scott Kazmir. This is why these guys are in the witness protection program. LOL It's nice to see a young team do well, and it's great for the league.
:laugh: will do Kitty nice to see some female representation in this forum.

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
Re: Tampa Bay Ray fans

What the hell is going on? Boston is now in 1st place, as we head to the All-Star break. Did the Rays hit a brick wall? I sure hope not, I can't stand to watch Boston to take over the division.

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts

lol if you're superstitious, you might want to put "Devil" back into the thread's title. They've hit their first real slide. Good thing it was before All star break.

Despite liking to see them do well, I can't say that I'm not happy, being a Redsox fan ;)

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

I might change the name back this 6 game losing streak is depressing.

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts

^bball change the name back, I think the Devil got jealous.

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
Bball, did you see Jeff Samardzija was called up by the Cubs recently? Kinda surprising cuz I thought I heard he was going to be a 2-3 yr project when he signed the contract and not entered the NFL draft.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Bball, did you see Jeff Samardzija was called up by the Cubs recently? Kinda surprising cuz I thought I heard he was going to be a 2-3 yr project when he signed the contract and not entered the NFL draft.
Yeah he has been holding his own too, had two scoreless innings on Sunday. He throws some heat but his offspeed stuff leaves something to be desired. He will remain a reliever for a couple of year IMO until he develops a decent 2nd pitch. Great prospect though, and glad to see him doing well. Maybe he picked the right profession after all.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
AL Champs. Off to the World Series! It's all because I started this thread :yay: :biggrin:

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
That would be freaking hilarious if the Rays win a title before the Cubs win another.

Dare I say, it's actually possible with the way baseball is now. It'd have to be the most amazing turn around in sports history.
I reeaally wish I hadn't said this.

·
Sexy Moderator
13,497 Posts
Good job bball...changing that title to just Rays worked wonders. LOL Good luck in the W.S. I'll be rooting for ya.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts