Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The Rays season is just around the corner. I'm hoping for back to back AL East titles and a more positive outcome in the World Series this year:biggrin:

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
A couple weeks away from the all-star break and we are 7 games over .500 at 42-35. 5 behind the Red Sox, and 2 behind the Yankees. The AL East has been rugged this year. We are on a 5 game win streak and just swept the Marlins:champagne:

Offensively we have been getting super production from Pena, Crawford, and Longoria. We have one of the best offenses in the league so really can't complain there. Our piching has been horrendously inconsistent. We got some good young arms though. Hopefully we continue pushing for a playoff spot, but we should have a bright future ahead of us.

·
Administrator
68,859 Posts
A couple weeks away from the all-star break and we are 7 games over .500 at 42-35. 5 behind the Red Sox, and 2 behind the Yankees. The AL East has been rugged this year. We are on a 5 game win streak and just swept the Marlins:champagne:

Offensively we have been getting super production from Pena, Crawford, and Longoria. We have one of the best offenses in the league so really can't complain there. Our piching has been horrendously inconsistent. We got some good young arms though. Hopefully we continue pushing for a playoff spot, but we should have a bright future ahead of us.
Yep. Rays are the real deal - here's hoping they can claim the AL East.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Off with Diss's Head:evil:

If we slip up though I would hope the Sox win instead of those damn Yankees.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Carl Crawford was the All Star game MVP. Now the pitching needs to step up so we can hoist the trophy this year:champagne:

·
Administrator
115,885 Posts
Baseball around the corner. What are some of your expections this yr with some of the top guys gone?

I'm ****ing pumped for the Redsox. Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford haha. Mostly Adrian. Last yr's team was so boring though.

·
Through The Wire
23,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
My bad for getting to this so late.

Going into the season I was just hoping to be competitive because the AL East as always is tough. We are playing some really good ball though and are the best road team in baseball. The Yankees are falling apart by the day it seems like, but its also extremely early in the season. I still expect a 3rd place finish, but I may curb my expectations after the All-Star break if we continue playing like we have.

The Red Sox are finally starting to play some good ball though. People were freaking out way too early with them, I don't think many people realize how long a 162 game season is. I expect Boson to win the division and the Yankees to take the Wild Card, but like I said it's still way too early, so I'm probably going to flip on that a thousand more times before October:laugh:

41 - 54 of 54 Posts