1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Game Preview

Matchup Breakdown

Game Notes

STANDINGS: Redskins - 2nd place (tied), NFC East. Buccaneers - 3rd place, NFC South.

REDSKINS LEADERS: Offense - Brunell, 1,781 passing yards and 12 passing TDs; Portis, 620 rushing yards and 4 rushing TDs; Santana Moss, 49 receptions, 856 receiving yards and 5 receiving TDs. Defense - Cornelius Griffin, 3 sacks; Clark, 2 INTs.

BUCCANEERS LEADERS: Offense - Griese, 1,136 passing yards and 7 passing TDs; Williams, 496 rushing yards; Williams and Mike Alstott, 2 rushing TDs; Joey Galloway, 44 receptions, 731 receiving yards and 6 receiving TDs. Defense - Simeon Rice, 5 sacks; Brian Kelly, 3 INTs.

REDSKINS TEAM RANK: Rushing Offense - 119.4 yards per game (14th in NFL); Passing Offense - 223.3 ypg (14th); Total Offense - 342.7 ypg (11th). Rushing Defense - 119.8 ypg (21st); Passing Defense - 170.0 ypg (6th); Total Defense - 289.8 ypg (7th).

BUCCANEERS TEAM RANK: Rushing Offense - 114.8 ypg (16th); Passing Offense - 195.4 ypg (21st); Total Offense - 310.2 ypg (21st). Rushing Defense - 75.9 ypg (2nd); Passing Defense - 161.0 ypg (2nd); Total Defense - 236.9 ypg (1st).

LAST MEETING: Sept. 12, 2004; Redskins, 16-10. At Landover, Md., the Redskins forced two turnovers that led to scores in Gibbs' first game back with the team since 1992.

STREAKS AND NOTES: Redskins - Gibbs is 3-0 against Tampa Bay, and the Redskins have won three of the last four regular-season meetings in the series. ... Washington is 7-1 when RB Portis rushes for 100 yards. ... WR Moss is second in the NFL with 18 receptions on third down. Buccaneers - WR Galloway has a TD in three straight games, and 11 in his last 13 contests. ... DE Rice is 3 1/2 sacks away from passing Sean Jones (113) for 13th all-time. ... Ronde Barber needs one sack to become the first CB in NFL history with 20 sacks and 20 INTs.

ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Redskins - 1-3 on the road; Buccaneers - 3-1 at home.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
******* fan here. Good luck...but not agaist the Redskins

I expect the Skins to win 21-10

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
adarsh1 said:
******* fan here. Good luck...but not agaist the Redskins

I expect the Skins to win 21-10
I expect your prediction to be wrong. The Bucs are going to be pumped for this one, and will pull it out with the home fans rooting them on.

Tampa Bay: 28
Washington: 7

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Washington 7
Tampa Bay 3

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KoBe & BeN GoRdOn! said:
Washington 7
Tampa Bay 3
Way to low scoring for a game involving Washington's defense. This is going to be on the high side scoring-wise for the Bucs.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
X-Factor said:

Way to low scoring for a game involving Washington's defense. This is going to be on the high side scoring-wise for the Bucs.
Why? 'Cause Sean Taylor isn't playing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
When Brian Greasie went out, our season is done.... Our season is over :cry:, John Gruden made the mistake of running Caddy to much, and this has come out to bite him in the *** =/

Buccaneers 10 Redskins 24

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Magic333 said:
When Brian Greasie went out, our season is done.... Our season is over :cry:, John Gruden made the mistake of running Caddy to much, and this has come out to bite him in the *** =/

Buccaneers 10 Redskins 24
Gruden needs to give Rattay a chance. Who knows, he may click with our offense. Not like we have much to lose, I mean we are starting Chris Simms right now.

·
Bulls/Chisox Fan
1,504 Posts
I still have faith in Simms.. albeit not as much as I used to.. but this game will be a tough one I believe.. I'm optimistic that we can pull it off if we can limit our turnovers..

·
Registered
4 Posts
X-Factor said:

Gruden needs to give Rattay a chance. Who knows, he may click with our offense. Not like we have much to lose, I mean we are starting Chris Simms right now.
I agree, I wanted to give Rattay a chance since Brian got injured. Since we cant pass the ball, our running has been effected too. They know that we cant pass, so they know the only thing we can do is run.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Lets Go Buccaneers! Please win, we had a heartbreaking loss today, we need you guys to win so we could retain our division lead. Cmon Cadillac Williams.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
Terrific game. If you missed the 2nd half of this game, you missed a dandy. What a gutsy call by Gruden to go for 2 and the win on your home field.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts