Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Tawn or Clark

1K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  Jace 
#1 ·
Assuming Pau is starting again, which player would you like to be our primary backup front court player going forward?

#3 ·
Earl "The Whirl" Clark.

Earl Basketball.

Although I must say Antawn finally found the 3 that's been missing all season long, thereby making D'Antoni's decision a bit tougher. But still got to go with the energy guy.

Besides, they both suck on defense but The Whirl at least tries. And he can learn to play defense...he's got time on his side.

#13 ·
Not sure what you mean. Hill was active in the paint and relentless around the rim. Clark floats around the perimeter and loses balance in the paint if someone exhales around him.

I'm leaning towards Clark for his defensive versatility.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App

#11 ·
Or the opposite. Jamison is better on the outside and clark likes to catch the ball closer to the basket.

#10 ·
I think pau should come off the bench when he gets healthy. He should play center when Dwight is out and be the focus of the 2nd unit. He can play some PF with Dwight at C for the rest of his minutes. Hopefully with fewer minutes he can play harder on those sore knees of his.

I think Clark should stay in the rotation. He just brings an athletecism on defense that we have not had all year. I do like Jamison though. I think he will be able to get minutes still but mostly as a backup 3.

#18 ·
If I have to pick between those 2 guys I go with Earl Clark. He is a good fit with the offense and brings length, athleticism, and energy at both ends. Gasol could start, getting 20-24 minutes at PF with 10-14 at C. Meta, Clark, and Jamison can handle most of the rest of the forward minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.