Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prince is already known as an above-average defender, is always improving, and has shown in flashes this year of being a good scoring threat. Call me crazy (I'm not so sure if I'm sane myself), but I am seeing flashes of Tracy McGrady himself in Prince right now. Obviously, he needs to put on a lot of muscle, improve his shooting, and get some better handles, but does anyone else see a future superstar (possibly like TMac) in Prince?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
RaptorsCB4 said:
Prince is already known as an above-average defender, is always improving, and has shown in flashes this year of being a good scoring threat. Call me crazy (I'm not so sure if I'm sane myself), but I am seeing flashes of Tracy McGrady himself in Prince right now. Obviously, he needs to put on a lot of muscle, improve his shooting, and get some better handles, but does anyone else see a future superstar (possibly like TMac) in Prince?
too much of a stick, but t-mac was a stick alsowhen he entered the league... Well, he better start soon, because he didnt enter the league at 18... Plus he is too big to have the handles and shiftyness that t-mac has

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
I don't think so. I don't see Prince ever reaching the level of Tmac, especially offensively. I see him as a perfect 3rd guy, or maybe even at some point a very good wingman to a superstar.

·
Registered
726 Posts
No. I see him staying what he is now, but a little better, for the rest of his career. Never an All-Star.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
farhan007 said:
too much of a stick, but t-mac was a stick alsowhen he entered the league... Well, he better start soon, because he didnt enter the league at 18... Plus he is too big to have the handles and shiftyness that t-mac has
prince and tmac are around the same size

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
he'll end up being a 15 points scorer, maybe a bit better, never an all-star

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
thug_immortal8 said:
he'll end up being a 15 points scorer, maybe a bit better, never an all-star
He's already better than that, he's averaging 16 a game since the New Year and 18 a game over the last 2 months and is shooting 48% from the field for the season.

I think the sky is the limit for him in the future, but he really isn't anything like T-Mac. His jump shot is reliable, but it's an awkward release and doesn't really lend itself to a lot of the quick contortionist jumpers guys like T-Mac and Kobe take. The strength of his offensive game is taking people into the post.

His strength and his handles are deceptive. He looks awkward dribbling the ball because his arms are so long but he can beat people off the dribble and has a nice behind the back crossover. He doesn't look like much physically either but he doesn't seem to have any problem backing people deep into the paint. What makes his offensive game so unique is he moves like a wingman but once he stretches out downlow and gets the ball above his head he's basically a center.

He's also has a lot of basketball awareness and is a fine passer. You'll see him often take on the point guard role to get Billups open off the ball.

I don't know if he'll ever be a superstar, but he's an extremely versatile and talented player that puts the team first and makes his teammates better. He's got the best +/- in the league over the last 30 days at +31.3.

I think as he continues to be aggressive on offense the Pistons are going to start relying on him more and more, he's putting up great numbers on offense, but is still really only the 3rd or 4th option, I think as we get towards the end of the year he's going to start getting a lot more touches and he's primed for another huge playoffs.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Great 3rdish guy on offense, and an excellent defender. Great in transition D. But he's no TMac. He doesn't have that smooth that TMac does, and he certainly doesn't have that kind of touch w/ the ball. I don't think you will ever be able to give him the ball and say, "make something from nothing," and be happy w/ the general results, the way you can w/ Tmac, Vince, Kobe, etc.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
He isn't good enough at any one thing to be a superstar. He is definitely an impact player who is unselfish, and I'd be delighted to have him on my team any day of the week. He is one of the best roleplayers in the league, which in many cases, is more valuable than having a lower-tier superstar, they're definitely harder to find. Great roleplayers in this league are rare and often extremely underrated, but are flat out difference-makers. I think Prince will stay in that category his whole career.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I don't think he'll ever be any more then a really good player. He might make an All-star team if he has an exceptional year, but for the most part I think he'll be in consideration but not an all star.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
He's no TMac, he's more of a Pippen. And TMac's no Pippen...

·
bbb
4,548 Posts
Nah I don't think he'll be a superstar... he'll be good but not Super...

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Pan Mengtu said:
20. LA Lakers - Kareem Rush
21. Portland - Qyntel Woods
22. Phoenix - Casey Jacobsen
23. Detroit - Tayshaun Prince

:rofl:

Had the Lakers taken Prince, the Diesel might still be in LA the Lakers might be a couple of rings richer.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I don't think Tayshaun will develop into a superstar, but he will be a very good player on a team, a second or third option that can affect the game on defense and offense. He's also proven he's clutch under pressure and is capable of leading the team during parts of the game.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Prince will never be a superstar. He's a good player right now, and he'll probably improve slightly. However, I'd be extremely shocked to see an All-Star performance in his career. I don't think he'll ever have what it takes to be that good.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts