Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to list the team leaders of all the teams in the western conference. NOW TEAM LEADERS DON'T NECCESARILY HAVE TO BE THE BEST PLAYER ON A TEAM COULD BE A ROLE PLAYER COULD BE THE TEAM IS LEAD MOST BY THE COACH COULD BE THAT SOME TEAMS ARE LEADERLESS ,Heres my list what are yours,

Lakers-Phil Jackson, Shaq and Kobe are great but both fall in line to the Zen Master who leads .

Sac Kings- Mike Bibby, while Webber is best player , team looks to Bibby for the calm.

Portland-Leaderless, to many Generals not enough soldiers, Wallace is teams best player but not leader,

Seattle-Gary Payton, unquestioned best player and leader
LA Clippers- Leaderless, Brand very quiet and no one follows,Bad coaching, ANDRE MILLER may become leader.

GSW-Leaderless, hell who's the best player, Mussleman could become leader.

Grizzlies-Shane Battier,natural born leader
Houston Rockets-Steve Francis,team follows him has his identity when he plays.

Spurs-Duncan, just accepted this role this year,Avery had it before
Minesota-KG leads vocally and spiritually .
Utah- Stockton, controls everything including where Mailman gets the ball.

Dallas-Mike Finley, He gets team fired up he's the Vet, Dirk just scores although he maybe best player.

Nuggets -leaderless no one leads .

who did I miss.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Phoenix Suns and Marbury is their leader.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
For Dallas, I would say that Stevie Nash is more of a leader than Michael Finley, though Finley is a much better player. Steve Nash is a floor general, but Finley puts the points on the board. Nash holds it all together.

As for Marbury, he is too selfish to be a team leader.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts