Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/clippers/la-spw-cliprep14nov14,1,7702592.story?coll=la-headlines-sports-nba-clippe

Point guard Shaun Livingston might be sidelined much longer than the Clippers initially announced, Coach Mike Dunleavy intimated Sunday.

"We're not going to take any chances with him," Dunleavy said before a 113-108 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers at the Wachovia Center.
"I've told them [team medical personnel] that whatever it takes, I want it to be right," Dunleavy said. "I want them to be really sure. I don't want any setbacks.

"I want it to be done the right way. It's a long-term commitment, and that's the right way to handle it. We'll deal with it."

Damn, it looks like he might miss more time then we expected.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
Better to be safe then sorry with youngsters.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Good things come to those who wait...

·
Registered
187 Posts
disappointing but maybe a blessing in disguise to give ewing valuable exposure to nba level play...i thought he played a.i. well given the fact he's a rook.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Considering the fact that Mike isn't even Utilizing his full bench... I doubt this even is a chance.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
OC Register thinks he might not play until january.

Thats fine with me, unless Cassell gets injured, or we go into a big loosing streak. Weve got him for 4 more years including this one. Whats 2 months wait to get him healed up.

·
Retired
17,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also not sure if you guys knew but Livingston has been prohibited to travel with the team on road games because the Clippers worry it might bother his back. This was in the LAtimes not too long ago.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
Yeah. how stupid do the clipper trainers feel. They had that poor guy doing ridiculous back exercises that would seem to put strain on even a healthy back (if you saw the FSN preseason special on the lakers/clippers youd know what im talking about), and it turns out his back is so bad he cant go on an airplane. I wonder how much more their excercises set him back.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
yamaneko said:
Yeah. how stupid do the clipper trainers feel. They had that poor guy doing ridiculous back exercises that would seem to put strain on even a healthy back (if you saw the FSN preseason special on the lakers/clippers youd know what im talking about), and it turns out his back is so bad he cant go on an airplane. I wonder how much more their excercises set him back.
Do the clippers even have trainers??? Going by the past injury plagued seasons, i'd straight fire the whole training staff!

·
Because BBF needs a hero
8,336 Posts
Wow, bad back at 17 is a little scary no matter what type of exercises the trainers were putting through. Backs are a lot like knee's, the sometimes get better with age or sometimes they only get worse. Hope it's not the latter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts