Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to do short takes on each program in anticipation of next year. Nothing major. Primarily just who’s leaving and who’s arriving (new recruits).

As always, I’ll tinker a bit with the format for my previews. They ran about 6 pages each last fall. I’d like to cut them down to about 4 pages. Gotta do more work to distill the essence of each player and team without overburdening fans of other teams.

One way I’ll achieve that is to write less about new recruits. Since I don’t see as as many players as I used to, it’s impossible to say much about newcomers with great accuracy. My hope is that fans of each team will supplement my brief comments. I’ll use the info in the snaps as the basis for what I say about the recruits in my fall previews.

Instead of individual briefs on each player, I might revert back to a “Frontcourt” and “Backcourt” sections, with a brief overview of each team’s overall strength in those areas. Problem is, where do I put small forwards? Some are big guys who can shoot. Others are really wing players who act like shooting guards. In the past, I’ve use “Post” and “Wing” categories instead.

In any case, I very much welcome all comments and feedback on your own teams in my snaps. I see a lot of games, but you folks see your teams even more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I probably speak for a majority when I say - WH whatever you want to do is good with me. You could write your previews in Gaelic and I'll pay the translator whatever it costs to get your insights. Also, if you're concerned about cutting it to 4 pages, just use a smaller font!

·
Registered
225 Posts
I hope you'll wait til the A10 is done for the year. Hawks are still playing--hopefully past tonight. Given how the sophomores (Ferguson, Calathes) have been playing the last 3-4 games, you should take a look at how they finish.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For that reason, Hawks will go last. Look forward to watching them tonite on ESPNU. I've been tracking St. Joe's very closely. I've seen them at least 10 times this year, maybe more.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I'm already all eyes.

I take it you're differentiating between new recruits and transfers. For example, I can't imagine a synopsis on X that doesn't take into account Drew Lavender. For that matter, Forbes at UMass or Sandoval at Dayton.

In some cases, when a true frosh is expected to be an impact player from Day One (I'm thinking, wistfully, down the road when Chris Wright becomes a Flyer), it'll be hard to get an accurate picture out of your crystal ball. But I take it you'll let us -- you know, the freaky, obsessed, blinders-wearing fanatics -- to fill in the blanks.

Anyway, looking forward to your reports, WH.

·
Banned
3,992 Posts
I always appreciate everything you can give us.

Thanks WH!!!!

Oh, and SMELL THE GLOVE! And I can't wait to read what you are going to write about our victory tour next year. Six battle tested upper classmen are going bring a whoppin to this league.

We got 10 pounds of whoopass in a five pound bag.

Back to the Final Five we go!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.