Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. MANHATTAN (not looking so good)
2. St. Petes (looking worse than Manhattan)
3. Fairfield (although good effort against PC)
4. Canicius (St. Bonnies still has players?)

·
Registered
68 Posts
The jaspers and griffs have to be the major disappointments in the MAAC thus far. Many on the CC board are calling for the coaches head as we speak. Ya just can't play 4 guards day in and day out and expect to compete o n a high level. As for the Jaspers, they have been terribly disappointing. The 4 best teams thus far are IONA, Niagara, LC and Marist. Nice win by Rider over BU but I can't believe the raver has returned.

·
Registered
60 Posts
As for SPC, I'd agree to an extent but they played three opponents they didn't have a realistic chance of competing with, much less beating. I think it would be easier to assess if they lose their next two games and look non competitive doing so. I agree that Iona is in a league of its own right now off the one performance but can be knocked off the perch just as easily. The onus is on them to continue to play well. Not sure I'd put Loyola in the first division yet.

·
Registered
68 Posts
How are SPC's big men playing (Sowers, Ivan B.)? Has anybody else impressed besides the frosh Orta ?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Memphis95Raleigh04 said:
(St. Bonnies still has players?)
Ask the two MAAC school we've played so far. We aren't the pushovers we were the last two years. We have an all conference player in Ahmad Smith and we've already had a rookie of the week in AJ Hawkins. In addition, former Siena center Paul Williams has put up good numbers in the first three games.

·
Registered
60 Posts
le said:
How are SPC's big men playing (Sowers, Ivan B.)? Has anybody else impressed besides the frosh Orta ?
You probably mean Sowell, not Sowers. He's been the only decent inside presence. Bozovic has played at last year's level or perhaps worse. He never improves and settles for jump shots which he has no business taking.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts