Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think everyone thinks Denver will be the worst team in the league, but anyways here's my list for the highest chances of getting #1 (take into account Detroit's pick via Memphis is top 1 protected):
1. Denver
2. Washington- without MJ starting and with Alexander gone O is a problem
3. Chicago- it's unfortunate but they can't jump of of a 10' pit
4. Houston- they come into the season expecting big leave expecting Perkins to play inside while Ming sits on the bench.
5. Golden State- much improved with Welsch and Dunleavy but the 3rd worst D gets even worse w/Dunleavy and Jamison at PF.
6. Memphis- much improved but WC is unforgiving.
7. Cleveland- if a 3way deal goes down and they get Odom or Miles playoffs in the EC aren't unattainable but they still go after Lebron.
8. Utah- Kirelenko,Stevenson,Borchardt,Lopez and blank... if Bidaine declares he could be their ticket if they dont get Michael Bradley.
9. Atlanta- if Theo's healthy they go after a SF but they want Chris Marcus to fill the entire lane.
10. New York- if McDyess is healthy they still have to many huge personalities in the locker room.

list yours too

·
Registered
221 Posts
The Bulls will be better than the Cavs Warriors and Grizz and I think Atlanta has a shot at the playoffs in the weak east.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I think Cleveland will have a better shot at getting Lebron James now that they traded one of their new made superstars (Andre Miller) for a potential superstar (Darius Miles). A huge part of Cleveland's fate also rests in whether they are able to resign Ricky Davis or not.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I wouldn't quite say the Bulls are going to be that good this year. You still have to give them another couple years before they could possibly be playoff material. I say #1 picks lands to either Denver, Cleveland, or Chicago.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Just because your thee worst doesnt mean youll get1. Houston? NJ?

·
Registered
119 Posts
with the teams as they are now(rosters r pretty much guaranteed to be shuffled every more), cleveland has the best chance to get the number one pick and a shot at lebron. denver is right up there with them and so is golden state and memphis. i think chicago moves to the lower half of the lottery after the season is over with even more room to improve for the season after next.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Thirteen worst teams in the league in 2002-03

The teams are ranked from worst (#1) to least bad (#13):

1 Cleveland (Wagner-Miles certainly have "upside," but next year, you're looking at the WORST 1-2 punch in the league)

2 Denver (will challenge Cleveland for the league's worst record)

3 Golden State (this team REALLY needs to dump Fortson, Dampier, and Sura in the WORST WAY)

4 New York (Layden just keeps making this team worse and worse--FIRE THAT MOTHER SCRATCHER!)

5 Houston (Yao Ming is at least a year away from not routinely embarrassing himself, Steve Francis' migraine problems will likely continue, and I just think this team's chemistry will be terrible)

6 Memphis (a slight improvement due to the addition of Jerry West)

7 Bulls (yeah, they'll be better, they're moving in the right direction, no doubt)

8 Hawks (terrible team defense, especially since Theo Ratliff cannot stay healthy)

9 Bucks (the Glenn Robinson trade wasn't a step in the right direction, although it does clear some payroll)

10 Suns (still at least a year away; Penny's contract is really holding this team back)

11 Raptors (when Hakeem and Jerome Williams get injured again, this team's starting center is ERIC MONTROSS, their sixth man is LYNDSAY HUNTER, and their seventh man is either MICHAEL BRADLEY or MICHAEL STEWART; the team simply cannot afford to re-sign Keon Clark OR Chris Childs and PROBABLY NOT Dell Curry, either!)

12 Heat (will make the playoffs ahead of the Wizards if MJ can't stay healthy)

13 Jazz (they won't be able to fend off the Clips NOW!)

KEEP IN MIND that, even if a team goes 0-82, they STILL have only a 25% chance of winning the lottery! That's only 1-in-4--that's not very good, people! So Cavs and Nuggets fans, being GODAWFUL next year doesn't guarantee you Lebron James!

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Re: Thirteen worst teams in the league in 2002-03

Originally posted by robyg1974
The teams are ranked from worst (#1) to least bad (#13):

1 Cleveland (Wagner-Miles certainly have "upside," but next year, you're looking at the WORST 1-2 punch in the league)

2 Denver (will challenge Cleveland for the league's worst record)

3 Golden State (this team REALLY needs to dump Fortson, Dampier, and Sura in the WORST WAY)

4 New York (Layden just keeps making this team worse and worse--FIRE THAT MOTHER SCRATCHER!)

5 Houston (Yao Ming is at least a year away from not routinely embarrassing himself, Steve Francis' migraine problems will likely continue, and I just think this team's chemistry will be terrible)

6 Memphis (a slight improvement due to the addition of Jerry West)

7 Bulls (yeah, they'll be better, they're moving in the right direction, no doubt)

8 Hawks (terrible team defense, especially since Theo Ratliff cannot stay healthy)

9 Bucks (the Glenn Robinson trade wasn't a step in the right direction, although it does clear some payroll)

10 Suns (still at least a year away; Penny's contract is really holding this team back)

11 Raptors (when Hakeem and Jerome Williams get injured again, this team's starting center is ERIC MONTROSS, their sixth man is LYNDSAY HUNTER, and their seventh man is either MICHAEL BRADLEY or MICHAEL STEWART; the team simply cannot afford to re-sign Keon Clark OR Chris Childs and PROBABLY NOT Dell Curry, either!)

12 Heat (will make the playoffs ahead of the Wizards if MJ can't stay healthy)

13 Jazz (they won't be able to fend off the Clips NOW!)

KEEP IN MIND that, even if a team goes 0-82, they STILL have only a 25% chance of winning the lottery! That's only 1-in-4--that's not very good, people! So Cavs and Nuggets fans, being GODAWFUL next year doesn't guarantee you Lebron James!
we know the math.

but we will be bad. not godawful.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts