Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Philadelphia
2. Toronto

These teams were ECF contenders only a few years ago, but now will really struggle to make the playoffs. They both got awesome scorers and a washed up supporting cast.

TORONTO: Bradley, Carter, Davis, Hunter, Jackson, Jefferies, Montross, N'Diaye, Olajuwon, Peterson, Stewart, AWilling, JWilliams.

PHILADELPHIA: Brown, Bryant, Buckner, Clancy, Coleman, Holcomb, Iverson, Jones, McKie, Mutombo, Snow, Williams

Am I the only one who thinks that these over-rated teams will miss the playoffs?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
You may be right. I also look for Minnesota and Utah to slip a notch this season.

·
Registered
30 Posts
these

If Seattle loses Rashard Lewis I expect them to drop significantly. Philly and Toronto are gonna be pretty bad. YEAH!!!:cool:

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Toronto

will be fine.. I wish they could bring in a big free agent point guard..
but they still have vince antonio davis and mo pete.. thats enough for a 4 seed in the east

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Toronto

Originally posted by <b>grizzoistight</b>!
but they still have vince antonio davis and mo pete.. thats enough for a 4 seed in the east
You're kidding right?

Vince is alright and will rebound back with a good season probably, and AD is okay, but Peterson isn't all that. Over-rated. Inconsistant and only managed to average 14ppg while being the #1 option on many occasions due to injuries to other players.

New Jersey, Boston, New Orleans, Atlanta, and Indiana are better teams. Definately not enough for a #4 seed.

·
Registered
293 Posts
The Jazz will likely slip and may not make the playoffs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
#1 team on the decline- the Bostons Celtics!

Last year they were the crappiest team in quite a while to make a Conference Finals, yet they've gotten a lot worse over the offseason. They've got Pierce and Walker, but check out the rest of the roster. They are worse than the Celtics lottery teams from the last few years. Check out this team:

Shammond Wiliams, Tony Delk, Eric Williams, Bruno Sundov, Erick Strickland, Mark Blount, Kedrick Brown, Tony Battie, Rodney Rogers, Walter McCarty, Omar Cook, Vin Baker, Roshown McLeod, and Darius Songalia!

And the sad thing is the one decent player of this group, Rodney Rogers, almost certainly will not be with the team next season. That is a horrible, horrible roster. Boston probaly wont make the playoffs this upcoming season and even if they do it will be as an 8th seed and they will be swept in the 1st round.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Shammond Wiliams
Tony Delk
Eric Williams
Erick Strickland
Tony Battie
Rodney Rogers
Vin Baker

These Guys Are All Quality Players...

·
Registered
932 Posts
I dunno if TO is declining yet but they will soon if they dont get another scorer. living in canada I see them quite a bit and outside of vince carter this team no consistent offensive threat. they'll make the playoffs again this year probably but wont go very far. they already lost keon and childs this offseason, while childs aint much off anything he's a steady veteran PG, keon however is prolly they're 2nd or 3rd best player.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Utah will be on the decline this year. Malone and Stockton are getting old and they cant do it all by themselves. zThey are getting old and none of the young talent is stepping up to take the load off these two. I dont think Utah will make the playoffs this year.

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Guys...

I suggest that anyone who doubts the possiblity of Toronto making the playoffs this year should go read the Toronto Raptors post I made in the Editorials section of this board.

·
Registered
885 Posts
some others worth mentioning as well

i think there is another team that is still in decline. problem is they have been falling for some time and i don't know howm much further they can fall. the knicks, this club has the highest payroll yet they don't get much in return in terms of success. i don't know for sure how much of a difference antonio mcdysse or however his last name is spelled will make for that team but i still think they have trouble there. thats fine with me, i like seeing n.y. teams struggle. now if only something could happen to the lakers, i would be so happy. miami also seems to be in troble. they started out terribly for the 1st half of the season and it will remain to be seen if they can prove that it was a fluke they stunk so bad for most of last year.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
knicks = team that may have one of the worse records in a year or two yet at same time have highest pay roll :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts