Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many teams starting with 7-3 or better can't make the playoffs in the history.

04-05 Cavs start with 9-3, but they can't make the P.

Will Clippers make the playoffs this season?

I say " No". They can win 42 game at most. What is your prediction?

·
Registered
251 Posts
This theory has been proved tonnes of times that it's actually true for the past seasons but not all the time.

The Suns of 04-05 season started very pretty and ended the season phenomenal as they managed to go to the P.

In my opinion,for this season,the Clips might make the playoffs as well as Cavs.They've been very consistent lately.In my opinion that is.

·
Tru Warier
13,699 Posts
And teams that start 3-9 will :biggrin:

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Wins are better than losses.
That's my contribution to this thread. The teams that win the most games will make the playoffs. Sorry, that's just how it's setup. So a team with more wins at a given time is closer to making the playoffs than a team that's not. For example, a team that is 9-3, has to win less games in order to make the playoffs, than a team that is 3-9.

The only thing that really changes slightly this is strength of schedule, for instance a team that has 32 wins but has played an easy schedule might not make the playoffs ahead of a team that has 28 wins but has played a much tougher schedule to then. Because the diffrence in wins may not be enough to counter the diffrence in remaining schedules.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The only significant thing keeping the Clippers from making the playoffs would be Sam going down, which considering his durability the last few years is a near certainty. The year he was healthy Minny went to the WCF. Since then they did poorly; coincidence?

He is a great player but injury-prone.

Too bad the Clips have so much depending on him. Without him they don't make the playoffs.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
spursfaninla said:
The only significant thing keeping the Clippers from making the playoffs would be Sam going down, which considering his durability the last few years is a near certainty. The year he was healthy Minny went to the WCF. Since then they did poorly; coincidence?

He is a great player but injury-prone.

Too bad the Clips have so much depending on him. Without him they don't make the playoffs.
one more thing:
Clippers schedules are softest. a team like Wolves should be too much for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts