Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nevada, UW-M, and Pacific all had a common opponent this season. Maybe the RPI isnt as bad as ppl make it out to be.

8 out of 11 of KU's non-conf foes are in the tourney they are 4-0 with ULL, UVM, Nova, and G-Tech tomorrow.

the big 12 is 2-1 with 3 more tomorrow

and in the nit they have their last 3 other non-conf opponents (saint joe's, TCU & USC) and they are 3-0 and the big 12 is 1-1 in the NIT

So considering this its fair to say they at LEAST had the strongest schedule and considering the teams they did lose to and beat i think its arguable for the RPI #1 and if not at least the top 5.

·
Registered
420 Posts
It's still a ridiculous argument. Playing a bunch of middle seeded NCAA teams (ALL AT ALLEN FIELD HOUSE) isn't better than playing a few bad schools and a couple of true top tier teams. KU played 3 games total against teams seeded #1-#4, and lost 2 of them. That's not a tough schedule. Even winning a game in the NCAA tournament does nothing to prove they should have been a challenge to KU, especially compared to somewhere like GT playing the RPI top 10 9 times, with 7 being away or nuetral court. Teams like Illinois that played very good OOC teams should be rewarded for that more than playing a bunch of average OOC teams. Beating WF and Gonzaga is more impressive than 4 wins over UWM and Pacific and the like, especially when they are home games.

Games against teams you are supposed to beat 8 times out of 10 aren't games that the #1 schedule is built around. Trust me, I sat in AFH for almost every one of those games, no way KU should have lost to any of them - especially not in that atmosphere at home.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts