Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Boston Celtics are the worst. Paul Pierce, Ricky Davis, even the rookies would berate their own teammate Jiri Welsch. They have been worse since their team won 11 of 12 and the only guy not talking as much trash is the guy responcible for the win streak.
It is pretty bad when a pathetic team feels the need to trash talk

Another team with a lot of trash talkers are the Phoenix Suns but at least they have the best record to back it up.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
The Celtics are not the worst..And when they do they back it up...They fight and scrap for games all the time. They deserve to feel good about their current status. Nobody ever belives in them and they are always being talked bad about...How do you figure they are pathetic Walker is not the only reason for the win streak his numbers were good but not awesome the rest of the team definatly was fighting during that time...GO CELTICS

·
Registered
562 Posts
WestSydeBalla said:
The Celtics are not the worst..And when they do they back it up...They fight and scrap for games all the time. They deserve to feel good about their current status. Nobody ever belives in them and they are always being talked bad about...How do you figure they are pathetic Walker is not the only reason for the win streak his numbers were good but not awesome the rest of the team definatly was fighting during that time...GO CELTICS
:clap: :clap: :clap:

·
Banned
662 Posts
Uh, the Orlando Magic anyone? Francis,Stevenson,Cato all talk PILES of **** and look at that team, Orlando is the worst team in the league for trash talking. And 2 of there top 3 trash talkers are just garbage at Basketball. Cato especially. AND THEY AINT EVEN IN THE PLAYOFFS ANYMORE!

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Sully said:
Another team with a lot of trash talkers are the Phoenix Suns but at least they have the best record to back it up.
When do the Suns talk trash? Honestly people....... you can complain about the way they play the game but there really isn't a single hot head on the team. Steve is a great guy, Stoudemire has never done anything out of line, Hunter won the David Robinson Award early this year for charity support (all that on a 500,000 dollar salary...), Barbosa is always smiling, Bo Outlaw is the most positive player in the game, Q-Rich doesn't talk trash, neither does Marion, nor does Johnson. Are you infering they talk trash because they think they can beat their opponent on any given night? (which they do indeed think).... man you are lame! Paul Shirley mentioned the Hawks and Bobcats are pathetic (which they are) in his journal... but other than that I can't think of them talking much trash at all.

Not a single player on the Suns have been suspeneded nor get in trouble with the law. If you are going to claim something at least back it up with factual evidence!

Geez... People wonder why Phoenix fans sometimes get irate on this board.... but then you see posts like Sully's and you understand why.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tempe85 said:
When do the Suns talk trash? Honestly people....... you can complain about the way they play the game but there really isn't a single hot head on the team. Steve is a great guy, Stoudemire has never done anything out of line, Hunter won the David Robinson Award early this year for charity support (all that on a 500,000 dollar salary...), Barbosa is always smiling, Bo Outlaw is the most positive player in the game, Q-Rich doesn't talk trash, neither does Marion, nor does Johnson. Are you infering they talk trash because they think they can beat their opponent on any given night? (which they do indeed think).... man you are lame! Paul Shirley mentioned the Hawks and Bobcats are pathetic (which they are) in his journal... but other than that I can't think of them talking much trash at all.

Not a single player on the Suns have been suspeneded nor get in trouble with the law. If you are going to claim something at least back it up with factual evidence!

Geez... People wonder why Phoenix fans sometimes get irate on this board.... but then you see posts like Sully's and you understand why.
I am sorry I offended you. I am just giving my opinion based on what I have seen. Amare Stoudamire is very much a trash talker and so is Marion.
Amare stands around pumping his chest after every dunk.
This was not an attack against the Suns. I hope you guys come out of the West (if not San Antonio) Don't take it so personally.

·
Banned
662 Posts
Amare, Q-rich and Jim jackson some times talk a littttttle to much. But its all good, the suns are tight and this year could be there year, i love watching them beat up on teams (except for the lakers). But the head taps thing is really really really annoying, and that can be percieved as cocky. And Amare is like K-mart, whenever they dunk, the whole world has to know about it after, which i dont see the point in sometimes. And Jim Jackson is just a big nerd who shouldnt open his mouth, oh ya and paul shirley should be in the WNBA he is so bad, so he should not even talk about teams being "pathetic". But other then that, Phoniex is just a great team and are very happy to be in the position they are in. It is really hard to make a good argument that they talk to much trash, seeing how they are best in the NBA.

LOOK AT ORLANDO! ITS PATHETIC!

·
Banned
662 Posts
HEATLUNATIC said:
I dont think anyone talks more sh*t than Damon Jones!

Luckily for him hes got Shaq and Wade to back him up!

Ya man Jones is horrible too, all he can do is hit open 3s. He is one of the 5 worst defenders in the NBA and he just sucks. If he was on ANY other team, he would play like the real Damon Jones. Which is garbage. He needs to shut his mouth.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
A little bit of talk is always good or the game wouldnt AS exciting....As for the head tap I love it, I do it in my local games :banana:

As for jones, you are right all he can do is hit 3's and thinks his big because he can play behind Shaq and Wade. Ive never liked the man he is not a very good player.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Travis76 said:
Amare, Q-rich and Jim jackson some times talk a littttttle to much. But its all good, the suns are tight and this year could be there year, i love watching them beat up on teams (except for the lakers). But the head taps thing is really really really annoying, and that can be percieved as cocky. And Amare is like K-mart, whenever they dunk, the whole world has to know about it after, which i dont see the point in sometimes. And Jim Jackson is just a big nerd who shouldnt open his mouth, oh ya and paul shirley should be in the WNBA he is so bad, so he should not even talk about teams being "pathetic". But other then that, Phoniex is just a great team and are very happy to be in the position they are in. It is really hard to make a good argument that they talk to much trash, seeing how they are best in the NBA.
The Q-Rich head bop thing isn't "talking trash", nor is Amare's pumping his chest. I guess a rule to this is if you don't want them to do that then don't let them score! And doing these things are really just for entertainment value. Both players love to play the game and pumping your chest gets the crowd involved and your teamates fired up.

What do you want players to do? Cry after they score? Plead with the other team that they did it by accident and that your inability to stop them was a mirage?

Shirley calling the Hawks bad or Bobcats bad isn't trash talking, it's just reality. The Hawks might end up with one of the top 10 worst records in NBA history, that's a fact. Heck Shirley considers himself more of an observer to the NBA (ALA a fan) than an actual player... he never says he could beat the Hawks or Bobcats himself.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
WestSydeBalla said:
A little bit of talk is always good or the game wouldnt AS exciting....As for the head tap I love it, I do it in my local games :banana:

As for jones, you are right all he can do is hit 3's and thinks his big because he can play behind Shaq and Wade. Ive never liked the man he is not a very good player.
The head tap is lame, but if you're doing it in local games you must look like a huge *** :rofl:

·
Banned
662 Posts
WestSydeBalla said:

Ok i admit i love to do Head Taps too when i play in my neighboorhood, so im a bit of a hypocrit, but HEAD TAPS ARE SO SICK!

And im white so it sometimes is a bit lame... white man CAN jump!

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Shawn Marion is a trash talker? Man, that guy is out there having fun.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
sherwin said:
The head tap is lame, but if you're doing it in local games you must look like a huge *** :rofl:
Nah people love it, they know im good enough to back whatever trash I may talk up. Anyone who ever has a problem with it I give them a chance to show me Im not as good as i think and I havent been proven wrong yet.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Sully said:
I am sorry I offended you. I am just giving my opinion based on what I have seen. Amare Stoudamire is very much a trash talker and so is Marion.
Amare stands around pumping his chest after every dunk.
This was not an attack against the Suns. I hope you guys come out of the West (if not San Antonio) Don't take it so personally.
I'm just telling you... it's OK to attack the way a team plays the game... that's all opinionated... but attacking their character is just wrong without any real factual evidence. When have you heard their players talk badly about their coach? Or talk crap about another player in an interview (ALA Kobe)? Unlike teams like the Kings they don't really even complain much about the refs (everyone does somewhat...).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tempe85 said:
I'm just telling you... it's OK to attack the way a team plays the game... that's all opiniated... but attacking their character is just wrong without any real factual evidence. When have you heard their players talk badly about their coach? Or talk crap about another player in an interview (ALA Kobe)? Unlike teams like the Kings they don't really even complain much about the refs (everyone does somewhat...).
I think you misunderstood. The trash talking I asked about was during the game. Not having anything to do with coaches etc....

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Sorry I snapped at you Sully... I just realized you are a new poster here and aren't accustomed to what happens on this board. It's hard to be a Suns fan here because they are constantly bashed for how they play, almost every thread here (no matter the subject matter) somehow turns into a "Suns can't win the championship" thread. It gets really old and annoying.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tempe85 said:
Sorry I snapped at you Sully... I just realized you are a new poster here and aren't accustomed to what happens on this board. It's hard to be a Suns fan here because they are constantly bashed for how they play, almost every thread here (no matter the subject matter) somehow turns into a "Suns can't win the championship" thread. It gets really old and annoying.
I totally understand Tempe. There are a lot of teams around the league who don't get the credit they deserve.
I used to be a Dallas fan so I love Steve Nash and I wish him the best.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts