Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who have seen him play, can u compare him to a PG in the NBA...is he like Marbury

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
I have had the opportunity to see him play live in person in Las Vegas at the Big Time Tourney a couple of years back, and I watched parts of his game they showed on live TV back in November/December. I'm not claiming I am an expert at Telfair though, but I will say this from what I've seen: He seems to be a mix between Marbury and Iverson. Both are smaller guards, and both are very quick. I say Telfair is inbetween these two because he does have the pass-first mentality that Marbury has, but he doesn't have the strength of Marbury. Telfair pretty much has similar quickness to Iverson, but he also doesn't go down and force shots like Iverson.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
How bout a quicker faster better dribbling version of Gilbert arenas.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Telfair is like Isiah Thomas. He is unselfish but at any moment can take a game over with his scoring. He is extremely quick, and simply can't be guarded off the dribble, and his court vision is tremendous. I can see the Marbury comparisons but he is definitely more unselfish, and I think he is more skilled at the same age, but Marbury may have been better, because he was so much stronger than every other point.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
He is extremely talented at getting to the basket, but generally prefers to dish off the ball rather than taking a difficult shot, unlike a player like Iverson. I would say comparing him to a taller T.J. Ford would be fairly acurate.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
i see tj ford with a jumpshot

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Everybody keeps saying TJ Ford with a better jumpshot, well thats Isiah Thomas. I never thought about that comparison before, but when this thread started for some reason it immediately popped into my head. I think Sebastian right now is a better scorer than TJ is, but TJs athleticism is amazing.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BrandinKnightFan3</b>!
I agree he is definitely the TJ ford of the new era but with a better jumpshot and about the same quickness
TJ of the new era? They are like 3 years apart in age, I don't see that being a new era...

Anyways, I like the TJ and Isiah comparisons... pretty good.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
He is a great player, but remember he may only be 5'11.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RebelSun</b>!
He is a great player, but remember he may only be 5'11.
TJ is gettin it done and hes about as tall......and he could shoot better, so imo he will be better

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
Originally posted by <b>wadecaroneddie</b>!
TJ is gettin it done and hes about as tall......and he could shoot better, so imo he will be better
That's true. I wonder if Telfair will be able to put up Marbury-like numbers in the league - scoring and assists. I am anxious to see him in the NBA.

·
Registered
7,139 Posts
he isnt that great
he is Stevie Francis with less hops in TJ fords body
he isnt that good of a passer like marbury, isaah and especially
TJ and Omar COok

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I think he'll be better than TJ Ford. He'll definitely be better than Omar Cook; he may already be, Omar still can shoot at all.

As if he hadn't accomplished enough in his four years at Lincoln High School, Sebastian Telfair now holds the school record for points in a single game.

And this time, it appears to be for real.

Telfair, the Louisville-bound point guard, scored 61 points in his team's 106-72 win over Telecommunications last night. He was 22-for-36 from the field, and hit 10 three-pointers as Lincoln upped its record to 17-4, 12-2 Brooklyn A-I.
I don't think anyone is doubting his scoring ability :)

http://www.newsday.com/sports/highs...5124jan21,0,754363.story?coll=ny-sports-print

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Originally posted by <b>fjkdsi</b>!
he isnt that great
he is Stevie Francis with less hops in TJ fords body
he isnt that good of a passer like marbury, isaah and especially
TJ and Omar COok
You must not have seen Telfair play much. I have seen the kid play probably over 30 times in person, he passes better than anybody I've seen in high school. The fact that I've seen TJ and and Omar Cook play in high school says a lot. Cook is the second best passer, but even he doesn't have the vision that Sebastian has. I was at his high school game the other day, he had 14 assists, and 10 of those came in the first half. How many people record 10 assists in a half at any level, let alone in 16 minutes of play.

Sebastian is a pass first point guard, who can take a game over. If you haven't seen him since the summer before his junior year, you have no idea how much better he has gotten since then. Today I saw Russell Robinson play, and he is a magnificent player and is headed to Kansas next year and may even be a McDonald's All-American, and there is no comparison between him and Telfair. Sebastian is just so much better than all these other point guards, AJ Price is considered a top 20 player by a lot of people, and I saw Telfair completely outplay him. In the second half the announcer proceeded to say "is there any doubts?" Meaning is there any doubt who is better.

·
Registered
612 Posts
You guys must not have saw his heart versus Darius Washington when he played with a sprained ankle and took over the game.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts