Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
head to head in tonites game. Should be fun to watch. Think they will try to show each other up? I think Telfair will take it personal and be a little more aggresive tonight, same with Nelson.

·
Registered
910 Posts
nelson could have his way with telfair tonight. he is stronger and has played alot more then telfair has. But i hope telfair has a monster game, and starts a trend for himself.

Reactions: Nightfly

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
I couldn't be more happier we picked Telfair over Nelson...at 19 Telfair is already better and has more upside then a 22 year old Nelson.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Nelson is a better player than Telfair right now, but I agree that Telfair is the better prospect long-term and I am glad that we have him.

Ed O.

·
Premium Member
100,045 Posts
MAS RipCity said:
I couldn't be more happier we picked Telfair over Nelson...at 19 Telfair is already better and has more upside then a 22 year old Nelson.
Better prospect? Probably, but no way in hell Telfair is a better player than Jameer Nelson right now. Maybe you haven't noticed, but he's been one of the best rookies in the entire league since being put into the starting lineup 13 games ago (he was removed from the lineup yesterday once Jent took over as head coach).

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Nelson has put up some good numbers this year... per 48 minutes there is no question he has played better than Telfair. It will be interesting to see the comparison a few years from now.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Much more strikingly, Nelson's statistics in 11 games as a starter are: .537, 16.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.9 apg. Telfair in 8 games as a starter has been solid with .413, 10.9 ppg, 2.8 rpg and 6.6 apg.

Nelson's FG% is great, but so good that one wonders whether it is just a fluke.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
LuckyAC said:
Much more strikingly, Nelson's statistics in 11 games as a starter are: .537, 16.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg, 4.9 apg. Telfair in 8 games as a starter has been solid with .413, 10.9 ppg, 2.8 rpg and 6.6 apg.

Nelson's FG% is great, but so good that one wonders whether it is just a fluke.
It's not much of a fluke, his FG% for the year is over 47%. Nelson is money from mid-range right now, and that is why his FG% is so high. Nelson should have his way against Telfair tonight.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I am a fan of Nelson's game and I would say it is safe to say that he has played better than Telfair, especially since being put into the starting line-up. However I am VERY happy that we took Telfair and I think that he will be a better player than Nelson in due time. I think Nelson's years at St. Joes really helped to develop him as a player, not to mention he has a great heart. May the best man win!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
hobojoe said:

And that doesn't even show Telfair's 1.6 TO per game compared to Nelson's 1.2 in more minutes.
From looking at this, IMO it's a draw. There's not much difference except the FG% and FT%. Each one is a lot better than the other in one category.

While looking at their starter stats, it looks like Nelson is a scoring PG while Telfair is more a passing PG.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
Nelson is better right now......But thats what 4 years of college will do for a point guard.....

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Scout226 said:
From looking at this, IMO it's a draw. There's not much difference except the FG% and FT%.
Nelson is averaging 0.03 blocks per game, Telfair 0.02. Clearly, Nelson is the better player, and always will be. There's no point in even watching the game tonight.

barfo

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
barfo said:
Nelson is averaging 0.03 blocks per game, Telfair 0.02. Clearly, Nelson is the better player, and always will be. There's no point in even watching the game tonight.

barfo
way to go pattersnash! you shgould've drafted Jameer!!

damn!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
barfo said:

barfo
barfo's BACK! Hehehe, how ya been "barfie"? How're the girls... err, I mean the "supermodels"... doin'?

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
CanJohno said:
barfo's BACK! Hehehe, how ya been "barfie"? How're the girls... err, I mean the "supermodels"... doin'?
It's good to be back. The supermodels are resting comfortably.

barfo

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I didn't see this noted anywhere else, but Francis wont be playing because he kicked a photographer. So we should see a full game of Nelson vs Telfair! woo!

Bad for my fantasy team though! :(

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
If I wanted to win a game tonight, I'd prefer to have Nelson.

If I wanted the best chance at an All-Star point guard down the road, I'd prefer to have Telfair.

Nelson has played very well since starting and I'm sure he'll win the individual match-up tonight. He's much more consistent, especially with the jumper. But I'd say Telfair has the better chance of making a really impressive, highlight-worthy play tonight. He's got more natural flair and talent and he's confident. For now, that means sporadic play and plenty of mistakes. I think, though, that in a year or two it will mean a smart, aggressive player who makes plays others never saw coming.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts