Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 A10 Teams

Can you name all 16 teams and their mascots?

I just made a fun quiz that test your ability to name all 16 teams and their mascots for the upcoming season. Test your skills.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Duquesne became easy to spell once I just started prouncing it in my head Doo-kes-ney anytime I had to type it out.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
fyi, if you type in Saint Bonaventure rather than St Bonaventure, it won't accept it as an answer. I type in Saint Louis and it worked just fine. Probably needs some tweaking. 10 minutes seems to long, 5 minutes would be better, overall harder than I thought due to some of the spelling and it took me a while to remember what Charlotte's mascot was for whatever reason.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i put in the official school names and the common abbreviations including the st and saint based on the school websites. SBU is St and the others are Saint

·
Registered
880 Posts
fyi, if you type in Saint Bonaventure rather than St Bonaventure, it won't accept it as an answer. I type in Saint Louis and it worked just fine. Probably needs some tweaking. 10 minutes seems to long, 5 minutes would be better, overall harder than I thought due to some of the spelling and it took me a while to remember what Charlotte's mascot was for whatever reason.
Our official name is St. Bonaventure.

I used to ask Bona's students at n orientation fair to name all the schools in the then A14, and most forgot to mention SBU.

·
Registered
376 Posts
If I could spell I would have had no problem. 31/32, but I will not say which one I missed. Don't want to upset anyone

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
We would have also accepted "Redmen" or some other generic politically correct mascot for UMass.

Ditto for Brown Indians and the Mighty Dukes.

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
Idea for your next quiz: Name all the teams that have been in the a-10/Eastern Eight through the years
Duquense (in/out/in)
Pitt
Villanova
Penn State (in/out/in/out)
UMass
Rutgers
GW
West Virginia
St. Bonaventure
URI
Temple
St. Joe's
Va Tech
Xavier
Dayton
LaSalle
Fordham
Richmond
St Louis
Charlotte
Butler
VCU

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
GDub took me forever for some reason.
Me too. I got everyone else in under 1:30. Took me another minute to get GW. Kept going "Damn, who's between Fordham and LaSalle...F...G..H..I...dammit!"

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Me too. I got everyone else in under 1:30. Took me another minute to get GW. Kept going "Damn, who's between Fordham and LaSalle...F...G..H..I...dammit!"
I didn't want to mention it, but I did the exact same thing for a minute or so with them. And lord knows, as a Dayton fan, they should stick at the top of my mind almost as much as Rhode Island.

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
I finished the A-10 one in 1:01, but my WORD is that second one difficult. It took me 57:14 and Nebraska-Omaha, who must be new to D-1, almost drove me insane.
UNO is new this year. The only means of getting it is "Who else could be in Nebraska?" It's all those schools in VA, NC, SC, GA where you're not sure if they're in the SoCon or Big South that get me. And Coppin State.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts