Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UTA in for a big surprise Thursday night. It is going to be quite a show down low in the blocks if both sides can play well down there.

BTW, what happened to the standings thread?

·
Registered
34 Posts
UTA

This has the makings to be a very good game.......looks like TSSM could be in for a suprise as well if we continue playing like we did against UTSA........

You going to the game.....I will be forced to listen to it on radio.........

GO MAVS!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good game

WOW......That game turned out differently than I thought it would.....that UTA team was the one that played against ULM.........but TSSM outplayed UTA in every way......that Naylor kid can flat out shoot......

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was funny when the UTA coach took the technical to fire up UTA, but instead it probably handed the game away. After that Texas State went off like a 12-2 run and put it out of reach.

Sad to break it to you, but it looks like if opponents shut down Thomas(I think that is your stud), and play solid perimeter defense, you will continue to struggle. All that pre-season talk about big men down low didn't show up at all.

And Naylor can shoot lights out, been doing it all year long. He is your next Pre-season All SLC team coming up next year.

Here is to 3-0 in conference and staying in first place.

·
Registered
34 Posts
UTA

Thomas has been one of our better players, but coming into season....both Roy Johnson and Derrick Obasohan were supposed to have big seasons...everyone saw it since they were both Pre-Season 1st Team COnference......

Derrick has come through but Roy (yes #21 who has been benched) has not come any where close to meeting expectations......luckily for this team we have gotten solid play from a sophomore (Thomas), and a Freshman (Floyd).......

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
McNeese beat Texas State yesterday. The Cowboys still have a shot at the last spot in the Soughland Conference Tourney. Joe Dumars was at the game, he is related to one of the MSU assistant coaches. Fans were surrounding him with autographs throughout the game.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Originally posted by <b>the1percent</b>!
I went to High School with Joe at Natchitoches Central.
He was a very nice guy. Alway a class act.
That's cool! He's definitely the best basketball player ever to play at MSU.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts