Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to the Seniors/Potential NBA Players Leaving Early!

Dee Brown (Junior) - Some may say he's not NBA ready but his comments after the game makes me believe he's going. No longer will he have Deron Williams, who made Dee the best he could. Thank you to Dee for representing Illinois with your heart, effort, and determination.

Luther Head (Senior) - Has gone through a real tough time here at Illinois through his burglary incident to now. Coach Weber give Luther a chance and he shined this year. He's gonna make a solid NBA player.

Jack Ingram (Senior) - So many times he's been called useless and whatever but this year he was our best player off the bench. Keyed Illinois to a great win @ Wisconsin. He's always been there to give this team minutes and solid production..

Fred Nkemdi (Senior) - Our lovely walk-on. Yes, I know he doesnt play much but he's meant much to this team each day in practice and out of practice. Thank you!

Roger Powell (Senior) - Man how can you not love this type of player? Such a great person that I'm gonna miss a lot.. If you make the NBA good luck with that.. If not, good luck with your minister stuff.

Nick Smith (Senior) - You dont know how many times I've cussed up a storm at Nick. Through the good times and bad times Nick was such a goofy and bright man. Thanks for your 5 years!!

Deron Williams (Junior) - :( (Thats all that needs to be said) Thanks D!!!

Thoughts on finishing This Season 37-2:
Wow Wow Wow.. This has been one hell of a team.. 37-2 is simply amazing. The kids have some fight and heart in them and that was the best thing about this team. This has been a great year from blowing out Wake Forest, Ending Wisconsin's 38 game home win streak, Winning @ a tough Michigan State place, bouncing back from that tough tough loss to Ohio State, Winning the Big Ten Tournament after Coach Weber's mother passes away, Overcoming a 15 pt deficit in 4 minutes against Arizona to win in Overtime, to beating Louisville to get to the National Title Game.. This hurts and it hurts very badly but I'm proud of these kids. I'll never forget the great memories I had of this team. I'll never forget meeting such a bunch of nice guys. Cheers to a wonderful season.. THANK YOU!!!

Thoughts on Next Season:
It's gonna be a struggle. It's not gonna be very fun. In the long run however I believe this is the best for this team. Gotta bring in some great recruits (Something that remains to be seen). Whatever happens I'm fully behind Coach Weber, James Augustine, Brian Randle, Shaun Pruitt, Rich McBride, Warren Carter, Calvin Brock, Marcus Arnold, Jamar Smith, Charles Jackson, and Chester Frazier. This position stinks, it really stinks but the fact of the matter is this is what we are gonna be this upcoming year. This team will be solid but I dont even know if it'll be in the top 6 of the conference. Oh well. I'll still root on my Illini and always will no matter if we dont win a game.. Go Illini!!

(I posted this at the college hoops forum. I also would post more on this team but I'm worn out at the time.. Once I get some rest I'm sure I'll break my thoughts down more and clearer for everyone)

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Powell doesnt know what to do. :(

Luther is disappointed :(

Powell beat up :(

Dee pondering his future :(

Deron showing good sportsmanship, McCants not!

Story of the Night :(

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
I don't think what McCants did after the game was any worse then what Bucknell did after beating the Orangemen in the opening round. Poping the jersey is done by almost any winning team nowadays.

Great season at 37-2 might have been a lot better ending for them if MSU would have made the final.

·
Premium Member
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No it's not what McCants did with the jersey that I have a problem with.. It's what he did when Deron came over to congratulatel him.. Deron came over, and Rashad pulled out his jersey not even aknowledging Deron at all. Cant say I blame Rashad for being happy about the win but did he have to ignore a player from Illinois that just wanted to let him know he did good?

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Great season for the Illini and if Augie didn't get 5 bogus fouls it could have been different. BUT, I think Dee will stay in school and get his degree. It just seems like he's been there for 10 years, but no 6'0'' shooting guards make it in the NBA except for AI, and he's no AI. Dee Brown should stay in school and I think after thinking it over he will do the right thing and stay for his senior season.

Deron's gone though.

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
The Illini put up one hellova good season. 37-2 is incredible and will probably not be reached by a major-conference school in the next 10 years (including NCAA Tourney). Their NCAA Tourney Finals was well deserved and for the most part you guys acted like it throughout the game. It was a great fight for Illinois, especially in the second half, and I have to give you credit for that. Hopefully people will not forget this amazing season by this outstanding team as I know I won't. Better Luck next year Illinois.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Brian34Cook said:
No it's not what McCants did with the jersey that I have a problem with.. It's what he did when Deron came over to congratulatel him.. Deron came over, and Rashad pulled out his jersey not even aknowledging Deron at all. Cant say I blame Rashad for being happy about the win but did he have to ignore a player from Illinois that just wanted to let him know he did good?
He may not have realized it. If you're only going off that picture, they may have caught it at a bad time. He may have shook hands with Deron right after. You can't draw conclusions from pictures because they don't exactly tell the story.

·
Registered
221 Posts
kamego said:
I don't think what McCants did after the game was any worse then what Bucknell did after beating the Orangemen in the opening round. Poping the jersey is done by almost any winning team nowadays.

Great season at 37-2 might have been a lot better ending for them if MSU would have made the final.

BUCKNELL BEAT SYRACUSE?!?!? WHEN DID THAT HAPPEN?!?!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts