Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Excentrifugal Forz
6,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm glad Miles made sure Nate wouldn't play him in the second half last nite.

Miffed at not playing in the first half, Miles changed into street clothes at halftime, to the chagrin of McMillan. Miles, who did not play in the Blazers last game after hurting his right knee Saturday in Utah, was cleared to play and told by McMillan to be available.
link

· Registered
8,047 Posts
Miles is a punk. He was defying McMillan and he should be suspended at least one game for it.

· Registered
5,891 Posts
oh well dont play him the rest of the season then trade him done deal

· Registered
8,047 Posts
Isiah Thomas supposedly has a man-crush on Miles. Maybe we could trade Miles and Randolph to the Knicks for Channing Frye and their No. 1 pick.

· Registered
11,166 Posts
Miles and Zach could be traded, along with filler, to the Knicks for Curry Allan Houston's contract and a pick.

I'd do that in a heartbeat...no pun intended for Curry.

Let Joel walk

· Registered
2,938 Posts
Talkhard said:
Isiah Thomas supposedly has a man-crush on Miles. Maybe we could trade Miles and Randolph to the Knicks for Channing Frye and their No. 1 pick.
As you know, NYK #1 pick is owned by Chicago this season. Do you mean next years #1 pick?

· Registered
11,166 Posts
RedHot&Rolling said:
As you know, NYK #1 pick is owned by Chicago this season. Do you mean next years #1 pick?

NY also has 2 other first round picks this year.

I have no idea who they belong to, I'm guessing one is Chicago's, but they are 21 and 29 right now.

· Registered
8,047 Posts
As you know, NYK #1 pick is owned by Chicago this season.
You're right. I forgot about that.

Good Lord, I'm glad I'm not a Knicks fan. Can you imagine suffering through the kind of season the Knicks have had, and then having to watch someone else use your No. 1 pick?

One of these days they're going to ride Isiah Thomas out of town on a rail.

· Registered
9,649 Posts
He's got to go!!!

McMillan said he will talk with management about whether disciplinary action will be taken.

“Basically, there’s no excuse for that. No excuse for that,” McMillan said. “What I had told him was I wasn’t planning on using him, but dress and be available. And in the second half, I guess he felt because I wasn’t using him he would step out in street clothes.”

Miles after the game said he didn’t think his changing was “any big deal”.

“It’s just something you go through,” Miles said.
It's sad how he went from a fan favorite when we first got him to this! He could have had a nice career here and be loved by the city, but he just doesnt "get it"... or care.

· Registered
11,166 Posts
Storyteller said:
Houston's contract can't be traded.

Shoot, I wondered about that.

Well I'm sure with the contracts the Knicks have we could make that work.

· Registered
1,391 Posts
mediocre man said:
Shoot, I wondered about that.

Well I'm sure with the contracts the Knicks have we could make that work.
I think Jalen Rose is the big one they've got that expires after next year. They've also obviously got a whole slew of them that go on for quite some time. Matching salaries shouldn't be a problem. Getting someone you actually want could be.

Stepping Razor

· Registered
2,573 Posts
BEER&BASKETBALL said:
He's got to go!!!

It's sad how he went from a fan favorite when we first got him to this! He could have had a nice career here and be loved by the city, but he just doesnt "get it"... or care.
Kind of sounds like a former Blazer -- Rasheed Wallace. Though I loved Sheed and wish we could've kept him, but many people hated him.
However, what you said just reminded me of him, and how he could've been one of the most popular Blazers of all-time.

Oh well, as far as Darius, if this doesn't show that he needs to go, then management is stupid. Get Miles out of here!

· Registered
5,891 Posts
how about miles to the pacers for jo? :D

· Registered
3,654 Posts
I have been saying for awhile now...POR needs to revive talks with NY in the offseason and deal Miles & Theo to NY for Jalen Rose...

Then (fantasy GMland) deal Zach, Outlaw, a future 1st & filler to IND for Jermaine and filler (if necessary)

The draft Morrison, Craig Smith\Josh Boone and Hassan Adams\Bobby Jones

· Player Salary Geek
4,265 Posts
mediocre man said:
NY also has 2 other first round picks this year.

I have no idea who they belong to, I'm guessing one is Chicago's, but they are 21 and 29 right now.
Denver and San Antonio.

Here's a great link to draft pick transactions for 2006. You can also check out past and future draft pick transactions by hitting "transactions home" at the top of the page.

· Registered
7,207 Posts
alext42083 said:
Kind of sounds like a former Blazer -- Rasheed Wallace. Though I loved Sheed and wish we could've kept him, but many people hated him.
However, what you said just reminded me of him, and how he could've been one of the most popular Blazers of all-time.

Oh well, as far as Darius, if this doesn't show that he needs to go, then management is stupid. Get Miles out of here!

Did Rasheed ever change into street clothes at half time? While Rasheed may have done many things while he was here, I don't recall him quitting mid game. :boohoo:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.