Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank You, Nash!.......

...for not doing this deal!!

......(Isiah) Thomas wants to put (Shandon) Anderson on the injured list, but he has resisted because he's not injured. Thomas also has tried to trade Anderson to Portland for Ruben Patterson....

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
ugh.

trading Patterson at this point is a bad idea, unless there's some new story of idiocy associated with him. he seems to have really turned a corner--trading him now deprives us of any payoff from all the PR flack he's generated in the past.

he's the kind of guy who is a fan favorite as long as he only appears in the game recap of the newspaper.

·
Basketballboards.net HOF
795 Posts
Re: Thank You, Nash!.......

Originally posted by <b>ABM</b>!
quote:
......(Isiah) Thomas wants to put (Shandon) Anderson on the injured list, but he has resisted because he's not injured. Thomas also has tried to trade Anderson to Portland for Ruben Patterson....
Thank goodness they did'nt swap players.

Ruben has been on a tear as of late.

I'd really hate to loose the Kobe Stopper!

·
Banned member
28,452 Posts
here's a hypothetical phone call between Thomas and Nash.

Isiah: Hey John, this is Isiah.

John: Hey Zeke. Btw, how come your name is spelled funny?

Isiah: I don't know, why is your mama so ugly?

John: I think it's probably genetics. Patterson tried to trade a chair for her...HEY..thats my mama you're talking about!

Isiah: Ok, so anyway. I have Shandon Anderson..you need another overpaid SF/SG type player who's well past his prime and has only 3 seasons left on his contract...how about I take Sheed off your hands for him?

John: (laughter is heard in the background)

Isiah: John? Are you ok? Ok, ok, so that trades not very even. Ok, I'll throw in..Keith! Keiths a good player, and despite what most intelligent people think, he's not 1 dimensional. He can play SF and PF! So, just so you know, my offer is Shandon Anderson, and KVH for Rasheed Wallace and Zach Randolph.

John: um...

Isiah: I Know what you're thinking. Zeke...are you crazy? KVH AND Anderson for (whispers) Rasheed, Zach and Qyntel? No I am not crazy.

John: Isaih, we aren't interested.

Isiah: Oh..playing hard ball. I remember playing hard-ball..WHEN THE PISTONS SMOKED YOUR TEAM IN THE 90 FINALS! (starts singing) Bad boys bad boys..whatcha gonna do..whatcha gonna do when we repeat you...

John: So Isiah, how about Anderson and a draft pick for Patterson?

Isiah: (Convinced he's suckered Nash) Oh, I don't know. Thats asking a whole lot from us. I mean, in my earlier trade I was doing you a favor, and now I feel like I'm being taken advantage of. Anderson is so much better than Patterson..you guys would have to throw in Woods to make it even close to fair. And a draft pick. And the rights to Nedzad. And Person. And then fire Maurice Cheeks so he can come to New York.

John: Silence.

Isiah: So, do we have a deal?

Johns: silence

Isiah: John?

John: Click. After he hangs up, he tells Steve Patterson the following:

Man Steve, people are gonna ***** and moan about any trade that comes our way, as if we're refusing to accept McGrady for Outlaw...I can't wait for the complaining to start after this one gets out in the press. Hey, who is Mike Rice talking to? Peter Vescay??

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I got a good laugh out of that this morning as well...

I think Isiah believes he owns us since they beat us in the finals in 1990.. and that we must be stupid ever since. That is not close to being a fair trade IMHO

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Knicks have a lot to offer to Blazers: Houston, Penny, KVH, Motombo and Marbury.:sour:

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I'm not opposed to trading RP (getting a shorter contract or, if we're committed to Miles, a player of equal talent at another position) but Shandon Anderson?

While his contract is not only as long as RP's it's also more expensive ($23.7m over 3 years as opposed to RP's 3 year, $19m).

As we all can agree I think, this would stink for Portland.

Ed O.

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
Nash turned down Patterson trade?

Apparently Isiah Thomas is trying to offload Shandon Anderson and offered him to the Blazers for Ruben Patterson. He was rebuffed. Now I know Patterson has been playing well of late, but he's still a moron, an admitted [cue patient legal explanation by Ed O.] sex offender and someone who in his heart hates our top scorer. I'd take that Anderson trade, as they have about equally bad contracts. Comparison of stats:

MPG FG% FT% RPG APG SPG PPG
Ruben 24.3 .546 .500 4.2 1.9 1.2 7.7
Shandon 22.9 .426 .805 2.6 1.2 0.6 7.5

Ruben's look a little better, but Anderson is still a more all-round player, and he's GOT to be smarter, and a better influence on the young'uns.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Re: Nash turned down Patterson trade?

Originally posted by <b>meru</b>!
Now I know Patterson has been playing well of late, but he's still a moron, an admitted [cue patient legal explanation by Ed O.] sex offender and someone who in his heart hates our top scorer.
Ruben Patterson admitted that there was enough evidence for a jury to find him guilty. Not that he committed the crime he was accused of.

Just since you asked :)

Ed O.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,473 Posts
Re: Nash turned down Patterson trade?

Originally posted by <b>meru</b>!

Comparison of stats:

<CODE>
MPG FG% FT% RPG APG SPG PPG
Ruben 24.3 .546 .500 4.2 1.9 1.2 7.7
Shandon 22.9 .426 .805 2.6 1.2 0.6 7.5</CODE>

Ruben's look a little better, but Anderson is still a more all-round player, and he's GOT to be smarter, and a better influence on the young'uns.
Thoughts?
Stats don't accurately measure defense, and Patterson is an excellent defender and a versatile one, whereas Anderson is an indifferent one.

Taking similar stats, much better defense and a slightly worse contract into account, I'd take Patterson...especially since he's doing nothing stupid recently.

Also, I'm not sure where you get the contention that "Anderson is still a more all-round player." Patterson scores about the same (but on much better shooting percentage), generates more steals, generates more assists and generates more rebounds in similar minutes and plays much better defense.

So, what makes Anderson better "all-around"? His free throw percentage?

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Re: Re: Nash turned down Patterson trade?

Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!

Ruben Patterson admitted that there was enough evidence for a jury to find him guilty. Not that he committed the crime he was accused of.

Just since you asked :)

Ed O.
And outside of Portland, they don't call him the "Kobe-stopper."

They call him the "Nanny-stopper."

It's tougher to defend folks when they are really guilty.:sigh:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!
I'm not opposed to trading RP (getting a shorter contract or, if we're committed to Miles, a player of equal talent at another position) but Shandon Anderson?

While his contract is not only as long as RP's it's also more expensive ($23.7m over 3 years as opposed to RP's 3 year, $19m).

As we all can agree I think, this would stink for Portland.

Ed O.
NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO..it is a GREAT DEAL for us i would do it in a heartbeat...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ok i tried....:laugh: this would suck for us..what do they think we are a bunch of hillbillys...no offense to the hillbillys that are here

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.