Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from the Bash, and wanted to tell all of you who were there that my wife and I had a wonderful time, and that it was great to meet you all and finally be able to put faces to numerous names.

Special thanks to Gym Rat for all the hard work in organizing everything! Thanks also to Mike Rice (keep clowning around, dude!), Mike Barrett (who really is much thinner than he looks on the tube), Bill Schonely and Jerome Kersey (two really great guys) for taking the time to swing through and making the evening even more special.

Oh, and numerous sources confirm that Monday is the day. Just so ya know.

B

·
Registered
303 Posts
Very well done.....kudos to PBF and Gym Rat and all involved in making the bash happen. Connor and I enjoyed it, even though we lost..........at least it was an exciting game.:yes:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ProudBFan</b>!
Just got home from the Bash, and wanted to tell all of you who were there that my wife and I had a wonderful time, and that it was great to meet you all and finally be able to put faces to numerous names.

Special thanks to Gym Rat for all the hard work in organizing everything! Thanks also to Mike Rice (keep clowning around, dude!), Mike Barrett (who really is much thinner than he looks on the tube), Bill Schonely and Jerome Kersey (two really great guys) for taking the time to swing through and making the evening even more special.

Oh, and numerous sources confirm that Monday is the day. Just so ya know.

B
I hope your sources are wrong if they are talking Wallace for jamison and Wahad

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Bintum-I saw you but I didn't get to meet you. PBF-I had no idea you were there!

Next time we will try and be there for the whole thing. I was sorry to have to leave.

We planned to be there before the game but Hayley got to be a courtside kid...that sort of "trumped" the party.

We did go try free throws-I totally airballed mine! :upset:

That basketball was much lighter than the one I use at the Y!!!! I swear!!!

L4L-how'd you do?

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I want to thank all those involded in making the bash happen. Gym Rat we appreciate all you did for us to make it such a success. You are a tireless worker indeed.

I certainly enjoyed meeting all of you and getting a chance to talk to you individually. Its always nice to put a face to the words you all type on here.

Airball BFan1? oh no :eek: L4L?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bfan1</b>!
Bintum-I saw you but I didn't get to meet you.
Bintum? Oh yeah, you saw me so you saw my tummy too. ;) Sorry I didn't get to meet everyone, I am self conscious and didn't want to look like I was staring while trying to read the name tags.:yes: ;)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Many Thanks ...
To PBF for helping me organize this.
To Mary for donating so many wonderful items.
To Mary at blazers.com for donating many of the door prizes.
To John, our acct. exec. (ticket sales) for many of the door prizes.
To ESPN for the ESPN door prizes.
To Gramps for running the prediction game.
To FeloniusThunk for creating the FTP site for the pictures.
To Gaminut for use of your camera and pics.
To Schonz, Jerome, Mike Rice, Mike Barrett, and Blaze.
To The Blazers IT Department (Brian) for the Internet Access.
And, to anyone else I may have forgot!

It was great to meet/see everyone - sorry the game didn't turn out better.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I listened to the game while I was working, and Mike Rice announced that all of you guys were up there, and that "they really know their basketball." He plugged BBB.net and said that Justin (L4L) was going to sit down with him and Wheels for a spell. I hope there's another BASH next year, sounded like a lot of fun!

SLAM

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yea i hope i am able to go to the one next year..sounds like a blast...:laugh:

·
Grumpy Pragmatist
3,410 Posts
Kudos to everyone who worked so hard to put this together. I wish I could have been there!:heart:

Next, we work on improving the attendance at the draft day party!;)

·
Registered
4,215 Posts
Whew! Just got back in town here in Eugene. I had a blast, and to my surprise, this shindig was better than last year's, regardless of who won!

Where to start... Well, many thanks to Wheels and Rice for letting me sit in on the broadcast! I have many pictures that I took from my seat. I used Saxonguy's camera, so he'll have to give me the pictures individually through AIM before I can upload them here.

bfan1 - Sorry you missed your freethrow!! I feel your pain. Really I do. Here I was, standing in line waiting for my free throw. I get my ball, and I start dribbling like Smitty does at the line. I square up, bend my knees, and release... The rest is history. ;) (Well, if you must know. I missed the free throw. It clanked around for a bit, then eventually bounced off. It felt so good when I released it! Regardless of the miss, Smitty would have been proud)

My dad was VERY happy that he got to get his picture taken with Jerome and the Schonz. He says he plans to mail the picture with him and Schonz to his brother, since he's a big fan of the Schonz and listened to him for the longest time on the air.

Overall, I had a tremendously great time. Many thanks to EVERYONE that was involved in making this another great success. I must admit that the best parts of the experience was not only the free throw (which I had been dreaming about taking since many many years ago), but also seeing how the radio broadcasting is done live courtside.

One side note: In case you did not know, I love imitating past and present Blazer players at the free throw line. I've been doing it for the past few years, at least. And after a personal examination of what players are good and what aren't for success, I find that I do well with players like Steve Smith, Bonzi Wells, Detlef Schrempf, Shawn Kemp, and Rasheed Wallace. Players like... Dale Davis :eek:, or Damon Stoudamire, are very hard to do, either because of their awkward free throw style (Davis), or the use of their left hand (Stoudamire). I feel that Smitty just releases the ball so well, and I've been so used to it, that that's how I shoot my free throws. I just enjoy doing it.

Also, it was pretty cool when Wheels mentioned bbb.net and myself. I'm glad SLAM was able to hear it. :)

Thanks again to everyone involved with the par-tay. I had a great time.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
I had a great time tonight. It was excellent being able to add some names and faces to the board nicknames, and I am glad that no one there had too big of a personal beef with me :)

In spite of rain most of the way, I made it home safely but now instead of going to sleep I will proceed to check boxscores and post on this site. I need help.

Ed O.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!
In spite of rain most of the way, I made it home safely but now instead of going to sleep I will proceed to check boxscores and post on this site. I need help.

Ed O.
If you find help, please send it my way too. I have to leave in 4 hours to go to the airport to fly across the country with a 10 year old and to get back on East Coast time. And, what I am doing? Posting. Send HELP. Soon. :banghead:

Great to meet you Ed O.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Gym Rat</b>!

To Gambitnut for use of your camera and pics.
No problem, and I second all of your other thank yous!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts