Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LATEST RUMOR: Odom to Philly...

Apparently, ESPN has reported that this is a possibility and now I hear that they are reporting it on Philly news stations...

Clippers trade:
Lamar Odom

76ers trade:
Eric Snow
Future First Round Draft Pick

Don't be suprised to see this trade go down as we approach draft day.....

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, but Odom is one joint away from a year long suspension. He is injury prone and his stock is in the ground. Moreover, the Clips can't afford to keep everyone and why would they pay a headcase like Odom the Max?

They are looking for a PG in the worst way and Snow is perfect for that team. He has good experience and can set the tempo. He also doesn't take up a lot of money...

It isn't always about who is better, it is about who is a better fit....

·
Registered
983 Posts
No, Odom is not one step away from a year long suspension.

I wish people would stop spreading false information. If you don't know, don't speak.

EVERY suspension from here on out with Odom is only subjectable to a minimum 5 game suspension. You do not get suspended for a year for weed. And you are not subject to banishment either. It's just a minimum 5 game suspension no matter how many times you do it.

As for the trade. There is absolutely no chance whatsoever this trade goes down. I don't know how many times the organization or players need to say that Odom is in the teams future plans. And, Baylor has shot down ALL rumors that have come out. Even a newspaper in Philly said that a Snow Odom trade will NOT happen because the Clips are not interested in moving Odom.
Odom will be a Clipper next year. The earliest he is moved is at the trading deadline next year, and that's only if he doesn't regain the form he showed before this past season. But he's going to get his chance to 'reprove' himelf.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Though some people might just look at the names and say this isn't a good trade. I think it works well for both sides. The Clippers get a reliable point guard (not amazing, but smarter then most point guards in the league, but I agree not as good as many others.) Odom can be a great player, but doesnt fit very well on the Clips, there also loaded at the spot.

This is great for the 76ers because they get another scorer with Iverson, Odom, Coleman. They also finally get to give Claxton some playing time. I really love Claxton and he's going to be a point guard that makes mistakes, but can also light up the scoreboard and is insanely fast. I've heard many times that Claxton and Iverson are the two fastest players in the league, good luck keeping up.

I love it, let's do it. Both teams gonna make the playoffs and make something happen next year. Or at least be really entertaining.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by RD
No, Odom is not one step away from a year long suspension.

I wish people would stop spreading false information. If you don't know, don't speak.

EVERY suspension from here on out with Odom is only subjectable to a minimum 5 game suspension. You do not get suspended for a year for weed. And you are not subject to banishment either. It's just a minimum 5 game suspension no matter how many times you do it.

As for the trade. There is absolutely no chance whatsoever this trade goes down. I don't know how many times the organization or players need to say that Odom is in the teams future plans. And, Baylor has shot down ALL rumors that have come out. Even a newspaper in Philly said that a Snow Odom trade will NOT happen because the Clips are not interested in moving Odom.
Odom will be a Clipper next year. The earliest he is moved is at the trading deadline next year, and that's only if he doesn't regain the form he showed before this past season. But he's going to get his chance to 'reprove' himelf.

You don't have to get hostile. That is just what I heard. Regardless of that, his trade value is still very low and he is addicted to Mary Jane. GM's always shoot down trade talk. What are they supposed to say? "Yeah, We are trading that drug addict!" Of course they won't say that. I think this trade could happen and it is good for both squads...

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
Does anyone here realize that in the East,Odom could play any position he wants and still be AWESOME?!?!He can handle the rock,shoot from anywhere,crash the boards,and block shots!In other words Odom WILL be a SUPER-STAR in this league,but Snow will NEVER be anything more then a role player!

Im HOPING the Heat will trade the #10 and someone for Odom this summer!

Odom for Snow!:laugh:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Assuming all is well with salaries and so forth, if I am the Sixers GM, I pull the trigger on this one

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
but...

will the clippers do it?

yes they have had their fair share of problems with Odom but he is a star and is a guy that will get you 17 ppg. That is hard to replace. Snow is very valuable to the Sixers. But if they do in fact get Odom and put him in the Starting 5 and insert claxton...a very nice lineup indeed.

PG Claxton
SG Iverson
SF Odom
PF Coleman
C Mutombo

6th man Harpring

very nice lineup and would be a hard team to stop in the east.

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
if this is true

it's gonna piss-off a lot of Clips fans who've posted on this forum that the Clips DONOT need Baron Davis or Andre Miller because they already have 2 NBA quality pg's and that Odom is an indespenable cornerstone of the franchise's future....

and also they said Odom is WORTH more than a lottery pick or Baron Davis or Andre Miller....

On the other hand, lots of others scoffed and said Odom IS NOT worth as much as these fans think, and if this trade goes down it shows that many, including the Clips own management, felt much different.

I think Odom and Iverson is a great combo, could really bring out the best of Odom (he goes back closer to home too).... plus I'd think Iverson's buddies could hook-up Odom with some weed if need be too.... :grinning:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
That's totally favoring Philly, this might work though:

Philly gets:
Lamar Odom
Earl Boykins

Clippers get:
Eric Snow
Matt Harpring
16th pick

It's fair now.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Matt Harpring is a FA and why would the Clippers want a swing man and an extra pick?

The trade stands as is. The Clips are perfect for a guy like Eric Snow. I think this is good for both teams...

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Originally posted by KC
Matt Harpring is a FA and why would the Clippers want a swing man and an extra pick?

The trade stands as is. The Clips are perfect for a guy like Eric Snow. I think this is good for both teams...
I don't. Clippers are giving up a star in Odom for a Role Player at best in Snow. I think it is one sided...but you never know...I dont think Snow would fit in with the Clippers anyways.

Clippers are a young fast team that like to run the floor...

Snow likes to have to ball in his hands, and slow things down...
also Snow looks like a 4 year old. :p

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, but you have to understand that they probably can't afford to keep Odom. They are clogged at the SG/SF positions and they desperately need a PG that has good tempo control. They get Snow, which works out great for them, IMO.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Yep

LA could get way better than this for Odom. He's not only a good player, he shares his weed in the locker room. I hear it's quality stuff.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How do you know what they can get for Odom? Have you talked to Elgin Baylor? Did you sneak into the Clippers facility and listen in on the phone calls?

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Don't be stupid.

How do we know what they can get for Odom? Well I know for a fact, as well as every other person on this board who isnt a moron that Odom for Snow would be one of the worst trades ever. Odom is going to be in the asg in 2 years, snow will probably be a quailty back up pg in 2 years. Fair traid? How? I would like one of you guys to try to explain how this traid is remotley fair. All you have said is that odom smokes dope and that Eric would be a good fit for the team. Snow would be a good fit as a backup pg for the lakers, why dont they trade KB8 and Shaq for him and Harpring? Please think before you post these one sided trades.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If you read the entire thread you would see where I stand on the subject. It's amazing that people get mad at the messanger. Did I just make this up? No it is an actual rumor.

THEY CAN'T AFFORD ODOM!

Is that clear enough for you?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
KC

Originally posted by KC
How do you know what they can get for Odom? Have you talked to Elgin Baylor? Did you sneak into the Clippers facility and listen in on the phone calls?
You attack me whenever you can don't you. You may notice that I only say something about you...after you've said something about me. I didn't say anything bad about you and you keep bothering me with this crap.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts