Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Jedi/Sith Hybrid
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching the John Thompson interview with Reggie and though he was very polite, I was absolutely cracking up at Reggie's comment about David Stern having "Napolean complex" ! So much for being politically correct ! This coming from one of the classiest and most well respected guys to ever play the game made it even better. In my opinion, he really hit the nail on the head. I wonder how Stern was feeling when he listened to that ! "He wants to be judge, jury and excecutioner."....priceless !

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
Yeah, I just got done watching that too. Reggie definitely hit it on the head and called Stern out on it. I don't think there are many people that disagree with what Reggie was saying.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Miller Speaks The Truth....

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
hard to say he wasnt unbiased in that interview. i mean that suspension probably cost his team a higher playoff seed and less chances of winning a championship.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
:clap: :clap: :cheers: Someone finally said it. I've been waiting for ever, for an NBA player to speak of Stern negatively to the media. Too bad it had to take an end of a great players career to do it, but at least its happened. I hope this spikes something within the league showing its distaste for the Commish. Is the interview uploaded yet?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
He should have let Artest back in the playoffs. This postseason needs a story, something. There are no rivalries this year.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
DuMa said:
hard to say he wasnt unbiased in that interview.
It is hard to say he wasn't unbiased? If my knowledge of double negatives is correct, you are saying that it is hard to say he was biased. I would say it's pretty easy to say he was biased. Especially given the evidence you gave.

·
Jedi/Sith Hybrid
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HeinzGuderian said:
I love Miller, but he is far from one of the leagues classiest players.
Wow. Then tell me. What is Miller's exact failing that you so easilly keep him from being in that group along with guys like Grant Hill ? I've been a Knicks fan for over 15 years and I have more reason than anyone to hate Miller for all the games he won against us. Yet I acknowledge that he's an extremely respectable man, who exemplifies a lot of the good things in our league. How can you even say that he isn't amongst the classiest ? What frame of logic can possibly support that ? If it was Allen Iverson, who I frequently defend, I would have understood. But REGGIE MILLER ? Please.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Reggie Miller hasn't exactly been a beacon of good sportsmanship over the years. Whenever a great player reaches the end of their career we all put the rose colored glasses on though.

Personally, I think he's full of it and he's hung himself on a cross ever since the incident in November. Sorry Reg, your team doesn't get to play the victim card.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Mike luvs KG said:
Reggie Miller hasn't exactly been a beacon of good sportsmanship over the years. Whenever a great player reaches the end of their career we all put the rose colored glasses on though.
Exactly. People forget about ****-talking, gestures to opposing crowds, and kicking legs out to try to get fouls. I don't exactly look at that as class, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

·
Jedi/Sith Hybrid
1,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. I was just glad that a guy who's respected like him came out and spoke his mind instead of trying to be "politically correct".

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
On the class issue, I believe I recall some 'choke' signs made towards the Knicks. Mind you, as a Knick hater, I loved it, but that's not exactly a classy thing to do.

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
Mike luvs KG said:
Personally, I think he's full of it and he's hung himself on a cross ever since the incident in November. Sorry Reg, your team doesn't get to play the victim card.
if I didn't know any better, I'd say you were a pistons fan. :rolleyes:
I don't really see the relevance in your comment and him lashing out at stern, he basically just said what we have all been thinking for years. I'm sure what happened in November might have influenced him to stick it to the commish during a national interview, but that shows he isn't making himself out to be the victom, but rather the instigater.
Whatever tickles your pickle I guess, but you'll be hard-pressed to find very many people that think Reggies been "full of it" and "hung himself on a cross" in his final season, hes actually leaving the game in a pretty dignified manner if you ask me.

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
HeinzGuderian said:
One of the biggest trash talkers ever?
Jordan was THE trash talker.

If you don't want to accept Jordan as a classy player, how about everyone's PG Idol, John Stockton? Dude was the DIRTIEST player, next to Karl Malone of course, and people say he's classy.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Mike luvs KG said:
Exactly. Look at how the perception of Shaq/Jordan/etc. changed as their careers progressed.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Tragedy said:
Jordan was THE trash talker.

If you don't want to accept Jordan as a classy player, how about everyone's PG Idol, John Stockton? Dude was the DIRTIEST player, next to Karl Malone of course, and people say he's classy.
Go ask BIll Cartwright about Jordan's class...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts