Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

261 - 280 of 314 Posts

·
The Future is Here
3,563 Posts
When did Gareth Bale stop sucking? 2 goals in 2 games and pretty lively performances each time.
When Spurs realize that he couldn't defend for **** so they moved him up field, he's also benefiting from Kranjcar being out for the season.

·
Registered
35,113 Posts
He never sucked. I'm not sure where all of you are getting this from. He has always had the talent he just lost a little confidence. Now he's regained that he's been nothing short of excellent.

A brilliant day for United in the league, Paul Scholes scores goals as they say, and Fergie will have relished that one today. I thought Evra was piss poor except for his final ball in for the goal, probably his worse performance of the season. In fact his form has really dwindled on the last few weeks.

Tevez is a ****in engine.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Bale was never a waste of space or anything. He was however someone who underperformed relative to his talent level, and that's starting to change.

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #266

Huge game. Would be a perfect game for Dimitar to prove his doubters wrong, but I doubt (lol) it'll happen. I can see Spurs' streak ending her, with United taking it dominantly. I can also see it being hyped incredibly, and just ending 0-0. Can't wait either way!

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #267
Rooney out. Berbatov starts. Hargreaves on the bench.

This is your chance Berba!

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Man Utd
  • 01 Van der Sar
  • 03 Evra
  • 15 Vidic
  • 21 Rafael Da Silva
  • 23 Evans
  • 11 Giggs
  • 17 Nani
  • 18 Scholes
  • 24 Fletcher
  • 25 Valencia
  • 09 Berbatov
Substitutes
  • 29 Kuszczak,
  • 06 Brown,
  • 22 O'Shea,
  • 04 Hargreaves,
  • 16 Carrick,
  • 28 Gibson,
  • 27 Macheda
Tottenham
  • 01 Gomes
  • 03 Bale
  • 20 Dawson
  • 26 King
  • 32 Assou-Ekotto
  • 05 Bentley
  • 06 Huddlestone
  • 12 Palacios
  • 14 Modric
  • 09 Pavlyuchenko
  • 18 Defoe
Substitutes
  • 27 Alnwick,
  • 04 Kaboul,
  • 19 Bassong,
  • 07 Lennon,
  • 08 Jenas,
  • 15 Crouch,
  • 17 Gudjohnsen
Ref: Marriner

·
The Future is Here
3,563 Posts
man these early games are killing me.........................

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
If King hadn't blocked that, Berba would've made it 1-0.

Valencia just missed a good chance. Berbatov is looking promising today, he's hitting a lot of things and looks to be trying very hard.

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
I don't see how United fans actually expect Berbatov to do anything, if they aren't going to cheer him on and give him some confidence. Seriously anything he does, they're all over him.

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
Valencia has been a fantastic signing this season. He's nowhere near as good as Ronaldo as the complete package, but his crossing is much better, and his defence is just 10000000x as good. That's allowing a player like Rafael, who isn't that great defensively, to play at right back.

·
The Future is Here
3,563 Posts
Yeh I wasn't a big fan at first, but he's won me over. SAF loves those kind of players, willing to track back and cover the flanks, same reason why Park plays so much.

Spurs are playing pretty ****, they are there for the taking but United just can't capitalize on the chances.......Rooney Rooney are where you

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #274
They actually showed a video of Rooney in his box haha, he was trying to fix the remote, but ended up standing up and just fiddling with the actual TV.

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
1-1 Ledley King. Climbs all over Carrick, but never mind. Rafael should've stopped that.

261 - 280 of 314 Posts