Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Am I the only one having a hard time considering Stadium as a "nationally televised game"? I don't believe they're a standard Dish, DirecTV, or Spectrum channel. I think you only get the game on actual TV if a local channel can pick it up. Otherwise it's to the interwebs and hope the feed is good.. which for me at least it has been spotty.

I'd like to be proven wrong. Anyone? Smart TV app maybe? I have the mobile, and casting it has proven fruitless as it gets jumpy and I find myself minutes behind actual live time.

ETA: Oh, and commenting on the actual schedule I'd like to thank the A10 for making our lone shots at VCU, UD, and URI back-to-back-to-back in fucking January. Never mind they're our lone shots and arguably the two harder games are on the road. At least we get Davidson on Valentine's Day.. hey honey let's stay home so I can watch an agonizingly close heartbreak tonight on ESPN.. oh what's that? You want to go to the RC for it? Yes! Yeah right. And as per usual custom we get SLU as our final game of the year.

Everything in between? Super excited about doubling up with Mason, GW, and Fordham. Suuuuper. If you don't want us, just kick us out.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Am I the only one having a hard time considering Stadium as a "nationally televised game"? I don't believe they're a standard Dish, DirecTV, or Spectrum channel. I think you only get the game on actual TV if a local channel can pick it up. Otherwise it's to the interwebs and hope the feed is good.. which for me at least it has been spotty.

I'd like to be proven wrong. Anyone? Smart TV app maybe? I have the mobile, and casting it has proven fruitless as it gets jumpy and I find myself minutes behind actual live time.

ETA: Oh, and commenting on the actual schedule I'd like to thank the A10 for making our lone shots at VCU, UD, and URI back-to-back-to-back in fucking January. Never mind they're our lone shots and arguably the two harder games are on the road. At least we get Davidson on Valentine's Day.. hey honey let's stay home so I can watch an agonizingly close heartbreak tonight on ESPN.. oh what's that? You want to go to the RC for it? Yes! Yeah right. And as per usual custom we get SLU as our final game of the year.

Everything in between? Super excited about doubling up with Mason, GW, and Fordham. Suuuuper. If you don't want us, just kick us out.
Calling Stadium "nationally televised" is laughable, even if possibly technically accurate. It does work well on the Roku for me though.

As to your other point, sorry everyone is out to get you guys!

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Calling Stadium "nationally televised" is laughable, even if possibly technically accurate. It does work well on the Roku for me though.

As to your other point, sorry everyone is out to get you guys!
I had to go off the ledge for a bit!

I can't figure out at the Roku site.. do you just buy a Roku streaming device, activate it, then that's it? Any subscription fee?

Also, it appears there may be an app for the TV. I've got to figure out my TV first to see if I can download one. Buffalo area is OTA is channel 49.2, but I know that doesn't mean they'll necessarily show it on ch. 49 when I see the guide on cable or satellite. It might be worth getting an OTA antenna.

·
Registered
5,871 Posts
For recruiting and fan/alum base purposes, I like Bona having the Dukes, St. Joe’s, and Fordham as H/H opponents each season; however, it’s strange they gave us both GW and GMU. One is certainly fine, but why not throw a bone to one of your should-be-solid teams by adding VCU, UD, DC, URI, or SLU? Come on, Bernadette.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I had to go off the ledge for a bit!

I can't figure out at the Roku site.. do you just buy a Roku streaming device, activate it, then that's it? Any subscription fee?

Also, it appears there may be an app for the TV. I've got to figure out my TV first to see if I can download one. Buffalo area is OTA is channel 49.2, but I know that doesn't mean they'll necessarily show it on ch. 49 when I see the guide on cable or satellite. It might be worth getting an OTA antenna.

If you buy a Roku device, there is no fee for Stadium, it comes as part of the apps you can download and activate. If you buy a tv that has the Roku app on it, same thing.

We are living in a streaming world so I dont care about what is and isnt considered nationally televised anymore. I use a streaming service so technically I dont watch any conventional TV anymore. I watched every singly Bona game in some way, shape or form last year and that is all I care about. The jackoffs on the Bandwagon who are complaining (bonasdude06 being the chief) are just being stupid.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
If you buy a Roku device, there is no fee for Stadium, it comes as part of the apps you can download and activate. If you buy a tv that has the Roku app on it, same thing.

We are living in a streaming world so I dont care about what is and isnt considered nationally televised anymore. I use a streaming service so technically I dont watch any conventional TV anymore. I watched every singly Bona game in some way, shape or form last year and that is all I care about. The jackoffs on the Bandwagon who are complaining (bonasdude06 being the chief) are just being stupid.
Nice.. I'm going to look into Roku. I just don't want another monthly subscription fee. If I can start getting enough stuff streamed I'll just get an OTA for networks. Still waiting for ESPN to stream everything for a direct fee.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I am really old school about "Nationally Televised".
If you couldn't get the channel OTA in 1974, then it isn't National. So only CBS, NBC, ABC primary channels and not the main Fox & ESPN channels...

Why don't A-10 teams publish that number of games?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am really old school about "Nationally Televised".
If you couldn't get the channel OTA in 1974, then it isn't National. So only CBS, NBC, ABC primary channels and not the main Fox & ESPN channels...

Why don't A-10 teams publish that number of games?
1974? That is...really arbitrary. I get not including channels that require a cable subscription, but Fox has the Super Bowl every 4th year.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I have that. I mean stream all their content ESPN/ESPN2 without also having to have a cable or satellite provider. Like cut cord, get ESPN from them directly.

Youre right, I thought they came with + but they actually dont. When/If ESPN is able to do that, they will make a ton of cash. If you still have a cable or satelite provider, you are not doing it right. Get a cheap streaming package and you can get access to ESPN..etc. I pay 49.99/month for mine and then I bought ESPN+, HBO for a total of 70 per month. I was paying $130 for DirecTV a year ago.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Youre right, I thought they came with + but they actually dont. When/If ESPN is able to do that, they will make a ton of cash. If you still have a cable or satelite provider, you are not doing it right. Get a cheap streaming package and you can get access to ESPN..etc. I pay 49.99/month for mine and then I bought ESPN+, HBO for a total of 70 per month. I was paying $130 for DirecTV a year ago.
How much do you pay for internet and what type of speeds to you get?

Also, are there any taxes and/or fees added to that $49.99/month? That is really where cable packages get you.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
How much do you pay for internet and what type of speeds to you get?

Also, are there any taxes and/or fees added to that $49.99/month? That is really where cable packages get you.

I have my internet through Spectrum (barf). Right now I pay $45/month because we moved and I had my wife sign up to get the 1 year new customer rate. Next year I will jump to about $60/month. I usually get around 100mbps. I have rarely had issues with streaming.

I use PS Vue for my streaming. There is nothing added to that 49.99.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
I was looking at DirecTV Now, but basic has no CBS Sports Net, which of course has two of our biggest games at VCU and UD. The bigger package is basically another $20 just for me to get that channel as I couldn't care less about the other additions.

Which streaming service do you have? I really want one where NBCSN and CBSSN are on the most basic tier.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I was looking at DirecTV Now, but basic has no CBS Sports Net, which of course has two of our biggest games at VCU and UD. The bigger package is basically another $20 just for me to get that channel as I couldn't care less about the other additions.

Which streaming service do you have? I really want one where NBCSN and CBSSN are on the most basic tier.

I use Playstation Vue and have the Core package. YouTube TV has a nice offering too because it has all the local channels (Vue does not have CBS in my area). I have an antenna to pick up all the local channels. There are 5-6 options out there and I bet you can find one that suits your needs.

·
Piker
8,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

This is the reason that I still have Verizon Fios. Streaming services do not have an option for some channels unless you have a cable provider. One day I will cut the cord but I want to make sure that I get all of my sports options. I am happy with my service except for the cost of course. My TV has lots of APPs on it so I am getting closer and closer to making the change. It is crazy how much I spend because I already pay for stuff like Netflix, ESPN+, Amazon Prime, etc on top of my cable bill.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
This is the reason that I still have Verizon Fios. Streaming services do not have an option for some channels unless you have a cable provider. One day I will cut the cord but I want to make sure that I get all of my sports options. I am happy with my service except for the cost of course. My TV has lots of APPs on it so I am getting closer and closer to making the change. It is crazy how much I spend because I already pay for stuff like Netflix, ESPN+, Amazon Prime, etc on top of my cable bill.

You can login to most 3rd party apps with your streaming provider account. I think the only outliers were Nickelodeon/Comedy Central for me. I made a spreadsheet of all the channels I wanted and which ones I had to have. I was able to find a package that satisfied my and my family needs. It was funny how I said "oh I like that channel" but then when I figured it would cost me $15 a month more, I thought ehh do I really like it that much?

21 - 40 of 43 Posts