Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
5,748 Posts
Like to see you guys get by UCF.
Then you need to bring Mo Alie-Cox back (maybe hide his hair and pretend he's a walk on) to match him up against Zion.

·
Piker
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is Evans going to play? Those of us who wager on these types of events need to know.
Right now this is the take on Evans.
From VCU you will hear the phrase Day to Day all this week. When the team arrived back to Richmond he was taken from the plane to the doctor for his MRI and then he went directly into treatment. Yesterday he was on the court for shoot around. From what I hear he does not have swelling. It is a pain tolerance issue at this point. VCU definitely needs him because without him as the floor general the team is squirrelly on both ends of the court.

Monday is always hectic for planning on my end. I have the hotel booked, Friday tickets and permission by my wife to pull my son out of school to go with me. Now, I have to decide whether to wait for Saturday to score Sunday tickets or pull the trigger. I hate purchasing tickets without knowing whether VCU will be playing. Sunday will be a tough ticket due to Duke and Virginia playing (unless Gardner-Webb pulls a UMBC)

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Like that we are in the East, but only 1 team can make it to the sweet sixteen. Odd that they put both teams in the same bracket.
The cartel.

It's bullshit and I firmly believe the committee is doing some of this purposefully. Almost like they looked at it and said, well they only deserved 1 team anyway, so that's all they're going to have possible out of round 2.

I thought a few years back the rule was conference mates couldn't meet til Elite 8. Then with the pods and power conferences getting 8+ bids, that became impossible so they relaxed the rules but it was still supposed to be one of those, "at all costs" things.

Until you can, of course, guarantee elimination of a non-P5.

·
Piker
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The cartel.

It's bullshit and I firmly believe the committee is doing some of this purposefully. Almost like they looked at it and said, well they only deserved 1 team anyway, so that's all they're going to have possible out of round 2.

I thought a few years back the rule was conference mates couldn't meet til Elite 8. Then with the pods and power conferences getting 8+ bids, that became impossible so they relaxed the rules but it was still supposed to be one of those, "at all costs" things.

Until you can, of course, guarantee elimination of a non-P5.
SLU & VCU also play on Friday night at about the same time (EST). VCU is around 9:45 and SLU begins at 10 pm.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts

·
Piker
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He is such a douche. He's like Richie Rich, trying to fit into worlds he cannot even begin to understand. Barstool is a cesspool, and even if viewers/readers are there, Rothstein *should* have enough self-awareness to know that he's not one of them and can't be, and their brand of gross isn't worth further sullying himself for.
Rothstein kind of went out on his own by leaving CBS Sports online yet he still does studio work for them. He is a used car salesman to say the least.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts

·
Piker
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
PHP:
My father is 82 and does not really follow basketball like he used to but he does watch games. Last night while talking to him on the phone he said, I see your team is playing against that Tacko fella that is almost 8 feet tall. How tall is VCU's center? I said, 6'7. My father said, I hope he has long arms.:drums:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
PHP:
My father is 82 and does not really follow basketball like he used to but he does watch games. Last night while talking to him on the phone he said, I see your team is playing against that Tacko fella that is almost 8 feet tall. How tall is VCU's center? I said, 6'7. My father said, I hope he has long arms.:drums:
Tell the Doc we all send our regards.

·
Piker
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Friday Night for VCU & SLU

I am heading out of RVA toward Columbia, SC at 8 am tomorrow morning.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts