Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Piker
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Just got home from Columbia. Nice city. The result was disappointing but I am proud of my VCU Rams for rebounding from the coaching change and getting back to the tournament. It was a special season to me in so many ways and I am excited for next season. Mike Rhoades did a great job of getting an offensive challenged team to buy in to defense which turned the club around this year. My 12 year old son had a blast in his first NCAA experience. Like most kids he follows players from many different teams. He loved seeing Zion up close. I introduced him to Bobby Reddish who played at VCU. He loved that. I also saw Lon Kruger in the hotel so I went over and said hello. He was very nice and I also introduced my son. Many little things happened in a short time but the best thing was taking a road trip with my son.
Peace to all and let's look forward to a great 2019-20 season.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Just got home from Columbia. Nice city. The result was disappointing but I am proud of my VCU Rams for rebounding from the coaching change and getting back to the tournament. It was a special season to me in so many ways and I am excited for next season. Mike Rhoades did a great job of getting an offensive challenged team to buy in to defense which turned the club around this year. My 12 year old son had a blast in his first NCAA experience. Like most kids he follows players from many different teams. He loved seeing Zion up close. I introduced him to Bobby Reddish who played at VCU. He loved that. I also saw Lon Kruger in the hotel so I went over and said hello. He was very nice and I also introduced my son.Man y little things happened in a short time but the best thing was taking a road trip with my son.
Peace to all and let's look forward to a great 2019-20 season.
To me, your penultimate sentence says it all. Memories of wins and losses become distorted and can fade with time, but the time spent with your child will be a memory that lasts a lifetime for both of you.

·
Piker
8,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
There were a whole bunch of missed calls late which very directly changed the game.
My wife and son were watching the movie Instant Family and I was watching on my MacBook with no sound. When Zion pushed off with his arm and then got the bucket was bad. Then Barrett pushed Dawkins to get that rebound on his miss. It was plain as day. Not sure what the announcers said. UCF had a shot on that alley oop though. Something to be said for making the simple play though. It was an exciting game none the less. I have tried over the years to not worry about the refs because one way or another it will drive you insane. That is a tough UCF squad. I was pretty sure they would give Duke that kind of game. Before it is all said and done I think someone is going to catch Duke due to their inexperience.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
My wife and son were watching the movie Instant Family and I was watching on my MacBook with no sound. When Zion pushed off with his arm and then got the bucket was bad. Then Barrett pushed Dawkins to get that rebound on his miss. It was plain as day. Not sure what the announcers said. UCF had a shot on that alley oop though. Something to be said for making the simple play though. It was an exciting game none the less. I have tried over the years to not worry about the refs because one way or another it will drive you insane. That is a tough UCF squad. I was pretty sure they would give Duke that kind of game. Before it is all said and done I think someone is going to catch Duke due to their inexperience.
But Duke always gets away with that shit. Always. That's what's most frustrating.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts