Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
One of UR/VCU was going to get a home game since they can't do back-to-back games at the same site.

Although they could have Bona at VCU first, then VCU at UR second and give the 8/9 seeds shorter rest for semis.

I was defending the A-10's handling of this fucked up season until today. This was screwed sideways.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I feel we'll find a way to help the conference out.

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Between the rescheduling fiasco and this bracket setup, my confidence in the conference's administration has taken a major hit.
To play devil’s advocate...it is not a great scenario for NCAA qualifications because it is considered a home game for VCU. It will now be a Q3 game versus a Q2 game. UD and URI have good squads when they are on. It is a home game in the NET’s eyes but there is no crowd. In the grand scheme of things you can look at this a couple of ways.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
AA, the point is the conference said they'd make every effort possible to make sure UR and VCU didn't play on their home court, and then clearly put in - oh - 0% effort to do so.

FWIW, Jerry Palm says SBU at large is in peril. I believe the A10 is staring at auto-bid only at this point. Shit, SLU and UD have better wins than SBU.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
...Although they could have Bona at VCU first, then VCU at UR second and give the 8/9 seeds shorter rest for semis...
This. In an unprecedented (god i hate that word) season where they can manage to find us 4 games in 9 days it's like Bernie looked at the bracket and said, woops our hand are tied because chalk. No. Fuck that, you've rearranged shit all season and now you can't figure out how to get one pair of games flip flopped on location? Thanks for the effort, Bern. Slow clap. Good job getting all 4 of your AL candidates losses in the final week. Well done.

·
Piker
10,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AA, the point is the conference said they'd make every effort possible to make sure UR and VCU didn't play on their home court, and then clearly put in - oh - 0% effort to do so.

FWIW, Jerry Palm says SBU at large is in peril. I believe the A10 is staring at auto-bid only at this point. Shit, SLU and UD have better wins than SBU.
They did say that and when I viewed the bracket I was as surprised as anyone.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
UR is not in line to play any at the Robins.
VCU is in line to play both games at the Siegel.
So...they were .500.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts

Palm is one of the worst ones out there. Our resume has a blemish on it but every team in that range has at least 1 if not more. We definitely burned all of our equity and now have a must win QF. If that means its in peril, I guess so but If the tournament started today we would be in by a decent margin.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I hope you're right 03, it just is vaguely familiar to 2016 in the win column where our only good wins to speak of were in conference and the argument was we beat nobody outside of the A10. That team had some bad (bad) losses though.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts